cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If Scotland leaves the UK, will O2 charge international rates?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been bugging me for a while, I have friends and family in Scotland and text/call them frequently. If Scotland leaves the UK, they'll become a foreign country not automatically an EU member so will it cost the same to text as it would contacting someone in say America?

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

The transition will months and years, although I have strongly considered moving out of Scotland if enough people vote Yes. My actual feeling is people should vote with an informed and considered objective and not one of a Hollywood-inspired Braveheart.

I work with English people and anybody is to blame it's mindless politicians screwing people around, spending masses of money which is borrowed from the International Banks and declaring recession based on their inability to pay this money back (which doesn't really exist in physical form).

And to be honest, I wouldn't want Alec Salmond as a leader as I don't think charisma and people skills is enough to run a country. You need individual wealth and something else to consider is how do you deal with the oil contracts? So many unanswered questions and not enough real time to consider the implications.

All the politicians have been focussing on the positives and not enough of the negatives in counterbalance, so how do we make a real informed decision?

Oh by the way, I am Scottish.

Enough said

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 41 of 56

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Of course the main problem is that every website with a registration system will have to have dropdown menus updated.

Message 42 of 56

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Adding an entry to a webform is very easy. Changing the mailing system is going to be more time consuming and complex.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 43 of 56

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I guess they may need a new TLD as well:smileywink:

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 44 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aldaweb wrote:

I guess they may need a new TLD as well:smileywink:

@aldaweb  Eh?   Can't be The Last Dance, Thermal Luminosity Device, or The Living Dead.  Could be Top Level Domain or Third Level Domain but my money is on Technical Logistics Data.

AH go on - put us out of our misery. What is TLD?

Gerry

Message 45 of 56

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

TLD = Top Level Domain

i.e. .com  .gov .de .uk etc

Used in routing addresses on the internet.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 46 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aldaweb wrote:

TLD = Top Level Domain

i.e. .com  .gov .de .uk etc

Used in routing addresses on the internet.

Thanks @aldaweb   EDITED by the originator.  (I have voluntarily removed the remainder of this message.)

Message 47 of 56

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
No need for your potentially offensive suggestions as .scot was launched in July.

ewan
Message 48 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ewanrw wrote:
No need for your potentially offensive suggestions as .scot was launched in July.

ewan

I am truly sorry indeed @ewanrw . No offence was contemplated at all.  I'm afraid I am of a generation that had a sense of humour which is under serious threat.  I have however been able to edit my post to remove the "potential offence".

Gerry

Message 49 of 56

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I took it in the humourous way it was intended @Anonymous  I didn't think it would upset anyone slight_frown

Message 50 of 56