Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

ITS removed from simplicity tariffs

I've just noticed that O2 decided to remove ITS (International Traveller Service) from the simplicity tariffs!

Thankfully they haven't removed it from existing sim-only accounts that already included it when they began, but it's a blow for people using the service who may be downgrading from Pay Monthly to simplicity once their contract runs out (me for example)!

It used to be the case that ITS was included for free with any tariff with 600 minutes or more, now they've changed it to be any tariff at £35/month or more...
I phone to another EU country on and off, and send plenty of international texts - now when my contract runs out and I downgrade to simplicity, the bill won't be as much cheaper as it would have been... Thanks a lot O2 Smiley Sad
Anonymous

Anonymous

Nice one about the new EU ruling, but my main concern (and that of many others, I'd like to think) is charges for calling and texting abroad from the UK. ITS offers 33% cheaper texting abroad (not just to Europe but to any country in the world), which can mean significant savings for people who have friends and family abroad and text a lot.

When I got ITS free on my tariff I thought great, now I can text my friends and family abroad and worry a little less, (I think it used to be 10p per text back then Smiley Happy ), but if I lose ITS in the future (which will happen when I switch to simplicity I'll have to go back to using services like m1.be - not the most comfortable way of texting, but definitely the cheaper solution...

With regards to calls abroad, compare 85p without ITS to 17p with ITS for calls to Europe... the difference is gigantic, and as it is the same for video calls, I can video-call my mates in Europe for a couple of minutes and only pay 35p or so. Without ITS that would be prohibitive, and I don't think these EU rulings can affect this price as it is domestic.
Anonymous

oh yeah sorry, forget ITS was the whole world and not just europe :robotsurprised: I see your point.
Anonymous

Even for Europe, do you think these EU rulings can affect the prices of calls from the UK to Europe as well? As I understand it it only relates to roaming, but I might be wrong. 85p per minute to call another country in the EU is certainly preposterous in this day and age. On the other hand, 17p per minute (ITS price) for calling other EU mobiles is a very good deal!
Anonymous

Wweres the link to say ITS is only for £35 and above, as I can only find information that says its free with 600 mins or above, And to think i was going to sign up with the, think I go else were.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Any one found the link to this?

Wweres the link to say ITS is only for £35 and above, as I can only find information that says its free with 600 mins or above, And to think i was going to sign up with the, think I go else were
Anonymous

Just a quick one, can someone send a link to say they have REMOVED ITS off of the SIMO tariffs? As far as I am aware it still stands, but hey, I am happy with my blackberry Smiley Happy
Topics: 293
Kudos: 1,845
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

[ Edited ]
The Business Simplicty tariffs still have its. http://businessshop.o2.co.uk/tariff_ind ... groupid=16
iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

[ Edited ]
If you go to the O2 Shop at http://shop.o2.co.uk/sim-only-simplicity , and click on the details for each simplicity tariff, you'll see that ITS is not mentioned as included in any of the tariffs. However it is still mentioned in the details of contract tariffs from £35 and above.

Also, on the page explaining ITS (http://www.o2international.co.uk/callin ... ayITS.aspx), it now says "If your tariff is £35 per month or above you benefit from International Traveller Service (ITS) for no extra charge."