Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a VAT invoice for my O2 device plan

paulfrancis
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My monthly bill has been split into airtime and devide plan.  Previously, when combined, a composite VAT component was shown levied on everything.  Now, it is shown on the airtime bill but not on the device plan, which does not contain Telefonica's VAT number either.  I need the device plan statement from the start showing what VAT is paid, if any.  I have tried O2's online chat to be told no VAT is charged.  I have telephoned O2 Help to be told that a VAT statement for the device plan would be emailed within "five to ten minutes".  I am still waiting.  Can this be resolved?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We have been told ::

From O2:

We don’t issue a VAT invoice on the device plans every month, the Refresh agreement is a credit agreement and unless it’s a business account we are not obliged to produce monthly VAT invoices. Customer services can complete a form to send out a device plan VAT invoice for a specific month but this needs to be requested by the customer each time they need it and will be sent via post.

A regular VAT invoice can be turned on by calling customer services for the airtime only, once the service is on the account the customer should then get the VAT invoice sent to them via post monthly.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@paulfrancis I think you can only get VAT on the airtime plan not the device plan 

Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to call customer service who can arrange one for you. Unfortunately you will need to do this every month if you need one.

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We have been told ::

From O2:

We don’t issue a VAT invoice on the device plans every month, the Refresh agreement is a credit agreement and unless it’s a business account we are not obliged to produce monthly VAT invoices. Customer services can complete a form to send out a device plan VAT invoice for a specific month but this needs to be requested by the customer each time they need it and will be sent via post.

A regular VAT invoice can be turned on by calling customer services for the airtime only, once the service is on the account the customer should then get the VAT invoice sent to them via post monthly.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Calling customer services is the only way, we are told.

Previously given info from O2

A regular VAT invoice can be turned on by calling customer services for the airtime only, once the service is on the account the customer should then get the VAT invoice sent to them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5