cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting 'Insert SIM' message :-/

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have spoken to two Gurus' today re the above problem, neither has solved it.

I tried the SIM in an old phone - same message.

Has anyone any ideas?

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

That's a very old phone. It doesn't sound encouraging, but you never know. Sorry we couldn't help you more. Good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 21 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144217 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It would say "Not registered on Network" if it had been switched off wouldn't it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

depends how old the phone is...

Message 23 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been using it here for 6 years.

Never make calls, only texts send and receive.

Last top-up end of Sept.

Online chat said all seemed ok.

Message 24 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
But thanks again, I'll ask brother to obtain new SIM for me .......
Message 25 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to cover all possibilities really, I'm not leaning towards the network reclaiming the number, I was thinking more along the lines of him not being registered on the network from our side (technical stuff cant explain it without jargon). I just want to make sure he needs a sim swap.

If you do need a new sim, make sure the sim swap is done in the uk and it's turned on on O2 before it gets posted

Message 26 of 30

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Do you have your contacts backed up anywhere else?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 27 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

So u have charges and top ups recently so it can be what I though initially or because the sim is old it's just faulty.

Either way u would need a new sim, just make sure It is working and registered on the O2 network before It's posted, if it happens  that ur brother has the same problem with the new sim ring customer services and tell them to check the address on the network ( VLR) . Hope this helps.

Message 28 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

the fault starts from overheating CPU, which in term expands the metal holding the sim in place and allows it to slip slightly out of place.  I must admit with myself it has constantly been Samsung phones that cause the problems they are pushing the CPU's beyond the limits and if you have sense like myself and get a protective case for the phone it also means the phone cannot cool down.  Samsung places so many apps on purpose on the phone which are not useful and take up to much space from the device memory.  You can certainly see why they are losing shares on the market at the moment, they lost this customer I'm changing phone - sticking with O2 even if the customer service is attrocious they are still the most reliable signal service  in the uk.  So anyone out there want a spare Galaxy S4 🙂

Message 29 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144217 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It's an old Sony Eriksson K310i that we are dealing with here - I'm not even sure it has a "CPU" in the true sense of the word, but we sure do appreciate your input to the potential cause........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 30 of 30