Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to freeze account

Hanz1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I have looked high and low online and on the o2 on how to freeze my account. I lost my SIM card whilst abroad last month and therefore it has not been in use. 
I called customer support today who told me it’s easiest to do through the app but I cannot find the link which allows me to do so

I would appreciate your help on this matter. 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12121 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

Follow the instructions in this guide @Hanz1 , but be aware you would be responsible for any charges incurred until you tell o2...

Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

Edit for spelling

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12121 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

Follow the instructions in this guide @Hanz1 , but be aware you would be responsible for any charges incurred until you tell o2...

Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

Edit for spelling

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23171 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Hanz1 You were advised about this earlier in another post: Solved: Re: Lost sim card - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

Hanz1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi yes this query was regarding freezing my account which customer services told me I could do on the O2 app. I cannot find this option anywhere. Please can you advise. 
I looked at your last message but also could not see an option to freeze account

Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23171 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Hanz1 You cannot 'freeze' an account. There is no such thing. If you have followed the advice and the link to report your sim card as lost, your account will be deactivated (which, I suppose, is a different word for frozen) until you receive your new sim card, which will be sent to your UK address. When you call customer service to reactivate your new sim your account will be live again.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Also you will still need to carry on paying your bills

It isn't the fault of O2 that you lost the sim card

Just hope that no one has used the sim card before you report it lost as you are responsible for the first £100 of any charges to your account

Unless you are on the new billing platform you can't use the app to block the sim

Message 6 of 6