cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for an online top up to go through?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I'm new to o2. I received my sim today, made an account and tried to top up.

Unfortunately, although it initially said that I'd topped up (online), I haven't received a confirmation email, and my phone is still credit-less. I'm tempted to try it again, but I don't want any more than the original amount I stated to go out of my account/on to my phone.

How long does it take for the online top up to go through? Previously, when I did so with orange, I received both an email and a text instantly, along with my credit. Is there a delay with o2 that I should know about?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It didn't go through! Turns out you have to call or message them to get them to activate the sim. Even though I received a text saying it was "all set up" you still have to contact them to activate the sim they send you.

Thanks, anyway!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6963 Solutions

It should go on the phone straight away. Check with your bank that the money has been debited. If so contact customer service.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm kind of wary on using online topping up but that's just me wink

Has the amount been deducted from your account as Jonsie asks ?
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

It didn't go through! Turns out you have to call or message them to get them to activate the sim. Even though I received a text saying it was "all set up" you still have to contact them to activate the sim they send you.

Thanks, anyway!

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6963 Solutions
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good to hear you got it sorted and came back to update your thread.

Welcome to 02 and 02 Community Forums.

Dont be shy if you need any further help.

Try the search function first as the forum boards hold a wealth of knowledge.

Message 6 of 6