Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed

Ruthiedee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, I will try to be as brief as I can.

I have a samsung phone that would not charge, I took it to the 02 shop they looked at it said it would need to be sent away, In the meantime I had a brainwave and bought a cordless charger. This worked, However, when my phone turned on I could not make calls my sim was missing! I called the shop they said they would have taken it out when looking at the phone and if they forgot to put it back in and it was in the shop it would have been binned. They said I could go in and they would sort me out with a new sim and keep my number. I work nights and I am on a long strecth at the moment so going into the shop is not an option. So I rang o2 explained my situation and they sent me out a sim so I could do a Sim swap. Easy I thought, However, on trying to do this It was looking  forna number to send the four diget code to. I cannot find this mobile number anywhere, I rang o2, they said it should be printed on the new sim. I must I cannot see it there is a barcode on the sim that begins with 0066, but no mobile number. 02 sent me a second sim and its still the same, I cannot find this number. I am desrate now, I need my old number back ASAP as I awaiting a very important call. Any help would be fantastic xx 

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147004 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
You need the old sim to be able to do a sim swap online yourself, which you don't have anymore, so you need to tell them this when you call them and they will remote activate the new sim and transfer the number for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Ruthiedee
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry I forgot to add, when I add the sim to my phone its cant be used as its unregistered. Thanks again 

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need the old sim to do a sim swap unless customer service can help with that. Put the new sim in the phone & it should work unless it's a faulty sim
Message 3 of 13

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23543 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

OP doesn't have the old sim. Pretty sure customer service cannot do this over the phone. I think the only alternative is for the OP to return to the shop, which, as they say, is difficult at the moment.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 147004 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
You need the old sim to be able to do a sim swap online yourself, which you don't have anymore, so you need to tell them this when you call them and they will remote activate the new sim and transfer the number for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 13

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23543 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

I stand corrected. @Ruthiedee please see the advice directly above.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 147004 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
You need to pass security checks obviously but if it was sent out by CS as stated, they can activate it.
What they can't do is activate a sim given out blank by a shop.
Message 7 of 13

Ruthiedee
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your replys, the sim is now activated but is a new number 02 reassured me I could keep my number, is this not the case?  Thanks 

Message 8 of 13

Ruthiedee
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

sorry just seeing about informing cust services that i dont have sim they said once activated the sim would be in my old number, this is not the case 😞 

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

have you tried looking in your contacts to see if it is the correct number? If they have transferred your number over then it may need up to 24 hours to complete the number transfer 

Message 10 of 13