cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A nightmare!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive just spent nearly 2 hrs in an o2 shop. I had an upgrade yesterday, via a telephone call, was told the old contract would end (even though I still had til July this year to go), & Ive been told by the shop that I actually have 2 contracts going!!! Computors down apparently & cannot get in touch til tomorrow. Im fuming Ive feel Ive been lied to & Im really, really confused!!!! Has anyone else had this? Think Im just going to send the phone back & go to EE. Ive been with o2 for 12 years, never had this before. Any help will be gratefully received

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147112 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
Sounds like you've been scammed by another company claiming to be O2.
Cancel the new one within 14 days and return phone so you won't be liable for any charges.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 147112 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
Sounds like you've been scammed by another company claiming to be O2.
Cancel the new one within 14 days and return phone so you won't be liable for any charges.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 would you still have the two contracts until perhaps the older contract is fully paid up via DD?

Just a thought?
Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 124307 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Sounds like another 'Trusted Partner'. Absolute disgrace. I would be putting in a complaint if I were you

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 147112 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@MI5 would you still have the two contracts until perhaps the older contract is fully paid up via DD?

Just a thought?

I recently did an early refresh upgrade and the device plan updated as paid immediately and the new tariff replaced the previous one overnight.

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a thought?

I recently did an early refresh upgrade and the device plan updated as paid immediately and the new tariff replaced the previous one overnight.

Then as @Cleoriff has said it looks like O2 have sold on details of account and the 'Trusted Partners' have struck again

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have just spent 3 days pushing water uphill changing down from Pay Monthly to PaYG. Done via Internet and Chat line, who would think it that difficult?

I have changed my main phone to a tariff with a well known supermarket, o2 can't touch them for cost - so they tell me.With a new smartphone I am paying about 50% of what I could buy from o2 (or most other high street phone shops)

Like yourself, I've been with o2 since 2000, firstly PaYG them PM, very disappointed with level of support - and shop.... - well my nearest is 25 miles away, but last time I was in there unless I wanted to spend £50 a month they weren't interested!

I would also like to say that like one of the other correspondents I am not affiliated to any telephone manufacturer or airtime supplier, just a normal everyday citizen!

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 147112 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
Live chat was your mistake wink
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes but it did get me out of the muck!!
Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 147112 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
Good to hear....
PS. is it Tesco?
Message 10 of 13