cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had issues with the next International Calling Intertrail? I have been very messed around

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was recently a user of O2 World chat.  This facility came to an end 31 Oct.  I received a sms from O2 saying that they had automatically added me to trial the International Calling facility that will be going live next year for their customers.  On clicking the link they had supplied with this message I was told that the service was automatically added to my account and was available 'from today' (Fri 17 Oct).  After investigating this via the link I decided to use my mobile phone to call South Africa on Monday 20 Oct.  The rate available on this trial to landlines in SA was 3p per min.  I woke up Tuesday to my phone being suspended until I have paid the £155 for this call. I couldn't even phone O2 from my handset to address this.  DO NOT TRUST this trial - the issue still hasn't been corrected and I am still being told £155 will come out of my direct debt.  I would never have used this facility if I had thought I would be stung with this bill and little help in resolving the issue - this is O2's error not mine!  Once again very dissappointed and would warn anyone trying this trial NOT TO TRUST IT AT ALL !!! Thanks O2 for completely side lining this and not correcting it immediately! I was with my previous mobile provider for 11 years - perhaps moving to O2 has been a huge mistake!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@Marjo and @Martin-O2 looked into this yesterday and assured us that the prices would be amended on everyone's bills who have been affected by this.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
@Marjo and @Martin-O2 looked into this yesterday and assured us that the prices would be amended on everyone's bills who have been affected by this.

But this IS O2.... 

I'm not trying it yet!

@Anonymous

Does it show you have a new bolt on? I have only the text I received and there is nothing showing on my account that shows I'm on the beta trial. 

Message 3 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous as @MI5 mentioned we had a similar post this week and the advice was that the new rate should appear on your bill after a short delay. If it's been a few days there may be an issue though. Are you able to contact customer services or is your only phone currently blocked? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous-O2  I was able to get through to customer services based in South Africa - though being very pleasant on the phone they still haven't been able to fix the issue for me and are still saying that £155 will be taken out of my account and maybe credited to me at a later date.  This is not acceptable.  Because all calls are through automated process I can't seem to speak to someone directly at O2 UK office.  The guys in South Africa don't seem to know how to handle this issue.

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Try these numbers, they work for me overseas. One of them is direct but I'm not sure which :

+44 800 587 4005

+44 800 977 7337

+44 800 840 0202

Message 6 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous The customer service team in the UK have been briefed on the trial so should be able to assist. Are you currently in South Africa? And is your account a UK one? Thanks. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7