Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Giving notice for end of contract

Hi I am coming to the end of my contract in October. Do I need to give notice in order for my contract to end when it’s supposed to? If so how do I go about this? Thanks
Highlighted
Topics: 550
Solutions: 12,994

Re: Giving notice for end of contract

@Rebecca95 

All explained here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Level 11: Motivator

Re: Giving notice for end of contract

@Rebecca95 

When you are at the end of your minimum term it'll convert to a rolling 30 day contract, if you are happy there's no action required.

You can select another tariff if you like which you can get on a 12 month or 30 day contract unless of course you want a new phone on Pay Monthly then it's another minimum term.

If you want to go elswhere and take your number, text PAC to 65075, get your new SIM up and running and give the provider the code, once the transfer has taken place your final bill will be triggered.

If you don't want your number but you want to move, text STAC to 75075, give this to the new provider and they'll sort the cancellation for you.

You can also switch to PAYG if you wish but you'll need to speak to customer services to do this https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus but it's best to phone them.

Current tech used:
Samsung A40 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 2 76 Mbps Down/18 Mbps up (upgraded for homeworking),
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)