Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Genie / o2 WAP Not working

has anyone considered contacting the BBC Watchdog tv program?
We're paying for a service that they are not providing, surely that is some kind of breach of contract?
Highlighted
Anonymous

has anyone considered contacting the BBC Watchdog tv program?
We're paying for a service that they are not providing, surely that is some kind of breach of contract?

When I spoke to the bloke who activated my SIM he said he didn't see anywhere on my contract did it mention WAP, only 100mins anytime and capped texts. So maybe they are trying to deny that part of the tariff ever existed.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Perhaps some kind of media/press pressure & coverage is required.

When i was in skegness last week, on radio skeggy they were saying that the Orange network was down in the area and customers were up in arms, obviously not much happens in that area of the world so it was top news, i wonder if we can get some coverage too?

Thanks for the email you got re discount, think we all need to chase this up so we get some discount back in the interim.
Highlighted
Anonymous

sorry for the delay, a few "updates" but not getting anywhere fast!!

Have been reporting this since the very first, having rang today the stupid woman at customer services tells me that I only reported the fault on the 16th!!! (bites hand so I dont scream down the phone on tape!!!) - the past few days I have been ringing them regularly and had been told that they had finally realised that there was an issue since a firewall update which caused the dns to not work on gsm... (THE SAME ISSUE AS MAY 08 AS I RECALL & OOOH I THINK I TOLD THEM IT WAS THIS ON MY FIRST PHONE CALL!!!!!)

**Btw I did ring them and tell them about these forum posts on their own forums and I know at least 2 of the Technical team took the trouble to read them!!!**

Allegedly it states on my account that they will repair it by the 23rd, but I think the stupid woman that looked it up was just reading that the fault was logged on 16th (when they FINALLY quit obsessing about their "5 point" fault reporting system(!)) and that they have a week to repair it - hence 23rd!

So far the only helpful technical person I've managed to get hold of is a guy called Jag in Network Services/Data Team.

Until they sort it I've had to swap my sims which has meant I've already made a call and paid for what would've been free time (as in the "wrong" phone) - needless to say they credited the £6 odd and they will not give any "gestures of goodwill" until the matter is rectified they said - I will not be paying my line rental I have already told them this - they've wasted several days of my life which I will not get back! lol...so dont settle for a fiver or it will not hit them hard enough..

ALSO they have insisted throughout that I was the ONLY person complaining/reporting gsm down....they were adamant that there were NO other reports!

Keep ringing them please!

GENIE4EVA!!!!!

Edit: PS - I forgot to mention they told me I HAD to have a new sim , because I have the green Genie one....I tried a 3G sim which of course made no difference (AGAIN! yes tried it last year!) - they reactivated my green sim on my insistence! they can do it, they just don't usually want to! I then got told it was my phone (tried 6 phones STILL not working!), was sent (by email, text AND customer services) the MMS AND GPRS settings (wow useful!)despite telling them they were wasting their time...OH and they even had me texting "Active" to 2020 (yes ANOTHER GPRS only feature!) ... not forgetting taking the phone for a drive down the motorway as it was "obviously" where I live!!!
They EVEN told me it was still not the GSM after I told them about the other posts here on THEIR OWN forums!!!! yaaay o2 still efficient as ever!
Highlighted
Anonymous

just a quick update from Hull...
I have just rung O2 and been told that because we are using an old gsm connection, they cannot gaurantee a connection to the service, they have offered to upgrade my tariff for 300 mins and i think she said 200 texts and the wap for £15 a month, im considering it as it would mean no problems connecting to the wap...
am going to ring next week when my contract is due for renewal
Tracey

DON'T DO IT!!!!!! the customer service ppl don't know the first thing about Genie and/or GSM and to say they don't have to guarantee connection is bs and just another con to get you off of this contract because they have no other way of forcing you out!
If we all stick together they have to sort it out!and any of the contracts with free mobile internet are bolt-ons and can be revoked at anytime giving 30days notice. Genie contracts are the only ones they've not been able to touch or they would've got rid of us by now!
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm in London/Kent & last year my GSM was out for 2-3weeks!!!

I wish people would stop saying NOT to ring O2! it's no wonder i've had such a hard time getting them to log it as an actual fault as they said they hadn't had anyone else complain ... I was calling from the 10-11th to the 16th before they actually put a case number down!

If anyone wants to contact the O2 Higher complaints department then their telephone number is 08453 300684 - I think they said you dont get charged for the call if ringing from o2 handset? Keep a note of the number as even o2 staff don't have it! lol

Cambs area and still no luck. I'm sure it's not been off this long in the past :robotsad:
Highlighted
Anonymous

not getting anywhere

I've been e-mailing O2. I've been sent the setting for GPRS, :womanindifferent: Doh! and been told to phone them as they cannot advise me! It seems that no amount of e-mailing will make any difference as the e-mail replying team don't seem to have a clue. Guess I'll phone in the morning, not holding my breath. We seem to be the forgotten few Smiley Sad I'm on a £20 genie contract (100 anytime mins, unlimited text, unlimited WAP and a new phone every year) I'm on the east coast of Scotland, so I'm guessing that this problem is nationwide :robotindifferent:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: not getting anywhere

gawd there was me thinking I had such a great contract lol think I got the worst Genie one of all! I pay about £20 a month for 50 off-peak mins a day, 24/7 (when it works!) Gsm wap and 600 texts, they never mentioned a phone , hope I haven't been missing out!lol
I saw someone say they'd had their Genie contract 5 years - as far as I know they stopped selling them way before that? I've had mine about 12-13yrs.

I'm going to call the o2 Higher Level Complaints dept tomorrow morning if nobody's got back to me by then.

I've been e-mailing O2. I've been sent the setting for GPRS, :womanindifferent: Doh! and been told to phone them as they cannot advise me! It seems that no amount of e-mailing will make any difference as the e-mail replying team don't seem to have a clue. Guess I'll phone in the morning, not holding my breath. We seem to be the forgotten few Smiley Sad I'm on a £20 genie contract (100 anytime mins, unlimited text, unlimited WAP and a new phone every year) I'm on the east coast of Scotland, so I'm guessing that this problem is nationwide :robotindifferent:
Highlighted
Anonymous

gawd there was me thinking I had such a great contract lol think I got the worst Genie one of all! I pay about £20 a month for 50 off-peak mins a day, 24/7 (when it works!) Gsm wap and 600 texts, they never mentioned a phone , hope I haven't been missing out!lol

I'm going to call the o2 Higher Level Complaints dept tomorrow morning if nobody's got back to me by then.
quote]

I've only got 100 mins a month (not every day) to landlines but not mobiles so maybe yours isn't that bad Smiley Happy I only discovered the new phone thing by accident, I was browsing in an O2 shop and they offered me a new phone, just meant that I was tied into the contract for another year.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I've only got 100 mins a month (not every day) to landlines but not mobiles so maybe yours isn't that bad Smiley Happy I only discovered the new phone thing by accident, I was browsing in an O2 shop and they offered me a new phone, just meant that I was tied into the contract for another year.

oops thought I read 100mins a night lol... mine are to landlines or o2 mobiles..

will give the new phone thing a go for sure! have gone from 3 contracts to 1 on Genie, 1 on Simplicity so am desperate for a new handset lol... am going to try to msg you on here - see if it works lol! tx again