Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Genie / o2 WAP Not working

thanks, i'm pay as you go, though... which i think means i have to pay for those calls...
Highlighted
Anonymous

P.S
Im on a Genie SIM Anytime 600
and I get 100 minutes, 600 texts and unlimited wap access for a tenner....is anyone else on this tariff?
Tracey

I'm on that tariff but pay £15, (had it for about 7/8 years now, there was a deal for a tenner as well, but think you only got the £10 credit, WAP and 300 texts) so that deal you mention would suit me as I don't text as much as I used to and get more minutes...
Highlighted
Anonymous

yeah joey the one im on has been great for about 7years now and am on contract just dont use 600 texts lol and the extra minutes would be useful but is it worth me paying £5 more a month? i think she said it was £15 anyway
Tracey
Highlighted
Anonymous

I suppose it depends on how often the genie WAP is going to be working in future. The O2 offer is a good deal, back when I first got the SIM i did a lot of texting, now I call more, so the new deal would suit me more. Saying that, I'm paying £15 anyway, they must have bumped up the price before I got the deal!

Orange have a smiliar tariff, Dolphin (unlimited texts, 200mins), but you only get 20 mins a day on Facebook/Bebo and the like, or you can pay an additional £5 to get the internet, which would mean an extra £10 for you Tracey! on the plus side you they give you a phone, swings and roundabouts really!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Im on the origial Genie sim 10GBP offer from 2001.
It is unlimited texts, unlimited wap, 50 free mins a day.

Now you know why I don't want or need anything else.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I've now tried emailing them to see what they say as it is starting to get on my nerves now... :robotmad:
Highlighted
Anonymous

genie/gsm wap STILL not working

Sent the email below to o2 network services. I pasted all our comments in the email too. Still awaiting a response. Sent a similar email to UPGRADES too. Still awaiting a response from them too. Emails sent 17.9.09.

Hello Matthew,
Please see the latest 02 customer forum comments. I have heard that you can no longer guarantee the gsm wap service. Is this true? Will o2 offer the same package with GPRS wap? £10 per month, 100 free minutes to o2/landlines, unlimited free text, unlimited free GPRS wap, 10p peak, 2p off peak, 50p to other networks peak, 30p to other networks off peak, 12p for international texts.
Highlighted
Anonymous

when i emailed them,they sent me gprs and mms settings!idiots,thats what they are!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Got a response and £5 credited to my account, heres the response
Good morning Lesley

Thanks for your email about your internet connection. I'm sorry you're unable to
connect to the internet. I'll surely check this for you.

Lesley, I've checked our systems and see that the WAP service is down in your
area. we are currently working to resolve the issue however I'm unable to give
you any specific timescales when this'll be resolved.

You'll be pleased to know that I've credited your account with £5 as a goodwill
gesture for the inconvience this may have caused. This credit will reflect in
your next bill dated 18 October 2009.
Highlighted
Anonymous

when i emailed them,they sent me gprs and mms settings!idiots,thats what they are!

That's what I got yesterday, needless to say I sent em back an email saying those setting were of no use to me!