Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent itune activity on my bill

Charlierae
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My Teenage daughter has today had almost £160 added to her bill in iTunes purchases that aren’t in her history. Anyone know what I can do? I can’t call O2 as they aren’t open.. I can’t find anything on her phone that adds anything to her bill.. she hasn’t bought anything. Any help would be appreciated
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23115 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@Charlierae  There won't be anyone available at this time of night. 8-8.30 am is the best time to contact O2 to avoid waiting too long to speak to someone. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/How-to-find-help-amp-contact-O2-A-Guide/m-p/1201416

You should also speak to Apple support. They are open tomorrow from 9 am https://www.apple.com/uk/contact/

Apart from contacting O2 and Apple you should also report any fraudulent activity to the police. https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Has anyone else had access to her phone?

Customer service should be able to see if any transactions are fraudulent and refer you to the fraud team. Best time to call 202 is early morning between 8am-8.30am.

Opening times

Monday - Friday08:00 - 21:00
Saturday08:00 - 20:00
Sunday08:00 - 18:00
Message 3 of 5

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10773 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Hi @Charlierae 

Sorry to hear that you have had a shock bill.

Good advices for you to follow.

It may be helpful to avoid direct charges to your daughter's  mobile phone account by accident to bar direct billing to the account and also bar premium charges, this can be asked for with customer services. 

Good luck and welcome to the o2 community forum. 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 5

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Charlierae 

This case illustrates the danger of not having a "charge to mobile" bar on your account. I hope you manage to resolve this issue - please let us know. Unfortunately, O2 are rarely helpful in cases like this, and will probably expect you to pursue it with Itunes. 

You should insist on being shown proof that your daughter consented to the charges. Not some vague statement, but screenshots of the payment pages and logs of the web interaction including device details and exact dates and times.

Until O2 start taking the problem of fraudulent "charge to mobile" transactions much more seriously, it is best to bar them. There are many other ways to pay for Itunes, and all of them are safer, and offer better consumer protection, than O2's "charge to mobile". 

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 5 of 5