Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Contact from Fraud Team

Deano55
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been the victim of identity fraud and am very unhappy regarding the way O2 are handling and dealing with my reporting of fraudulent activity. On the 16/6/2023 I received three default notices relating to accounts that had been taken out using my name. After repeatedly calling customer services and being told the Fraud team will contact me I have heard nothing and am now getting threatening letters from O2 saying the debt is being passed to debt collectors.
Please, please will someone contact me regarding this asap.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23201 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@O2Sarah- or @O2Jonathan can you please assist @Deano55?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Bambino 

@Deano55 I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 3 of 8

Deano55
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou @O2Sarah and @Bambino 

Message 4 of 8

BA223
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This has also happening to my wife. Despite verbal assurances that the issue has been resolved and recorded as fraud, there has been no written confirmation and the threatening letters keep coming. The latest being that debt collectors have been called in. Phone calls to O2 have been challenging if not obstructive which is leading to incredible amounts of stress. A formal complaint has been raised but there has not yet been a response- this has gone past the amount of time stated in O2’s own policy for a reply. Please can you advise what to do next as this can not continue. Thank you. 

Message 5 of 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6778 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

Sorry @BA223 Since the original post the O2 advisors on here have been removed so it's just customers here.

Perhaps it is time to contact  Resolver

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/o2-complaints?territory_id=5

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 8

BA223
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for letting me know 

Message 7 of 8

Deano55
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Ba223 - I reported it to Resolver, has now been escalated to the ombudsman, who have accepted the complaint.

Message 8 of 8