cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent Charges Taken by O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am writing to you to raise an issue about Mobile (Pay Monthly) at O2 on September 9th, 2016.

Whilst in Pakistan from 28/08/16 my wife's account had started to show a particular number was being charged for allegedly being contacted too.

When actually it was an unknown number contacting her phone whilst being abroad. Even though the calls were never answered and no voicemails were left or again answered, when queried on 06/12/16, we were advised that the calls were possible fraudulent as my wife had complained through O2 online chat facility, whereby she was advised to take the sim physically out of her phone. To which she did. She was still being billed from the same number.

We have screen shots of the call log, showing as calls being received and not being made from unknown numbers, which completely differs from the account stating that calls were being made originally.

When I spoke to an operator from O2's fraud department, she confirmed the calls as possible fraudulent and authorised for a refund for the month of December and asked me to contact back in regards to back dating the refund from the time these fraudulent calls were being made.

When I spoke to O2 again on 11/01/17 the operator did not allowing me to speak to a manager or transfer me to someone from the fraud department, but read from the account file the initial investigation findings and told to file a complaint.

Then he started to clarify what he told me, as first he said, we accepted or accessed the voicemail or the data showed that we possibly could have. When I confirmed that we didn't, he said that the information is showing that someone or we did and that there was no information from the telecom supplier in Pakistan to confirm this.

As discussed with the operator from December conversation that accepted that calls charged to a particular number was not made by us and not answered by us, nor voicemail was accessed, for us to be charged.

The calls started from 09/09/16 onwards.

NOW...

O2 have said the charges will stand, they calim I didn't speak to anyone from the Freaud and Security Team, when I cleary did.

How do I go about getting transcripts of all cpnversations between me and Customer Services?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

How are you getting on with this? 

I'm Toby, the O2 Community Head. Feel free to send me a direct message any time and we can chat about resolving this for you.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there @Toby

Thanks for contactting me. 

How can you help in this matter? Please PM me.

Kind regards

Message 12 of 16

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Please send me a PM with the latest you were told by our customer service. The  we can decide the best course of action.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone used the The Resolver website to logged their complaints with O2?

https://www.resolver.co.uk/

Message 14 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A couple of customers have used it with success and found it much quicker than the normalcomplaints procedure. I would reccommend using it.

Message 15 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We advised someone to use resolver last week and they got a call from o2 with everything fixed the very next day.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16