Did you mean: 

Fraud

fitter
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello again

Some of you may remember me from the early part of the year but 02 still wont shut the account and now they will not discuss this with us what so ever as its fraud

All the c/s can do is email the fraud dept who will phone us back which even though we tell hem they dont they insist they will and this has been going round in circles for months.

02 own customer complaints policy states that we need to speakl wit a manager before referring to the ombudsman (as a very last resort) does anybody have any idea how to do this?

Which brings me onto my next question reading a which article on how to do this referal it says i need to find out which one 02 belong too does anyone have any idea who the ombudsman is for 02?

Thanks for any helpo you can give me as its been going on for months and my daughter still has a totally trashed credit score even after promising that will be put right.

If i does go to the ombudsman she will seek compensation for credit searches and other costs associated with this.

Again many thanks for any help on the questions please

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

It's the communications ombudsman @fitter 

The process is here but basically you need a letter of deadlock from O2 and them you can escalate it. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+060622.pdf/2a35753e-1168-c467...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@fitter 

Communications Ombudsman Services

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-complain-to-the-ombudsman-about-a-mobile-phone...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 16

fitter
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the speedy reply thats the article that iwas refering too and it states that i need to follow 02 complaints procedures (which is impossible to do) before escalating it to them.

And of course i need to find which one 02 belong too aswell

Thanks

Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

It's the communications ombudsman @fitter 

The process is here but basically you need a letter of deadlock from O2 and them you can escalate it. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+060622.pdf/2a35753e-1168-c467...

Currently using:
Message 4 of 16

fitter
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

well thats where its going to fall down as they wont discuss it at all as its fraud so they wont give me a letter.

Will have to look into maybe engaging a solicitor to move this forward

As a side note the members on her have been very helpful when i origianlly had this issue and tis is a problem with 02 and not this community

thanks for replying

Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

They will have to respond to you eventually @fitter 

Good luck with it.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

fitter
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

well its been goin gon since december so not looking hopeful lol

ive been into the local 02 shop and as expected they cant do anything and i dont want to give them a hard time about it

perhaps a demonstration outside the shop would help lol

Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I'd be seeking advice from somewhere like CAB if it were me @fitter 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

fitter
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That is an option although they can only offer advice and i dont htink they can act on ur behalf and 02 dont seem to be listening to anyone at the min lol

Message 9 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Check the Resolver link in the how to complain section. They make it very easy to submit and track a complaint @fitter .

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 16