cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my old phone number to my new phone (new contract)

charliepoocho
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi!

I have upgraded my phone and am now on a new contract. My previous phone contract was under my dad’s name. He has contacted O2 now that we’ve paid off the old device contract and have asked to transfer the phone number assigned to my previous phone (that contract) to my new phone (my new contract). 

O2 support seemed a bit confused at first but eventually told him in time that in 24 hours the transfer should happen. It has not. I then contacted them myself to be told I should wait until the night time and the next morning, I did, and it still hasn’t happened. I then called again, and they said wait until the night, and it hasn’t happened.

And that is ok! I’m patient, but I just need some clarity. When I was on the phone to one of the support members they said they didn’t see any notes of the transfer.

Is there anyone on this that can help? I’ve waited the initial 24 hours and now a second 24 hours, turned both phones off for a period of time many times, but no transfer has happened.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@charliepoocho 

You may need to spell out the migration process to the untrained staff.

Covered in this guide Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@charliepoocho 

You may need to spell out the migration process to the untrained staff.

Covered in this guide Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

charliepoocho
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, but both phone numbers and contracts are from O2. Unless the migration process refers to numbers within O2 also, which in that case my bad.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Yes explained when you read the guide @charliepoocho 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4