Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

First Time Going Pay Monthly.. Possible Problems Already

Hi all, apologies this is long...

Ordered a brand spanking new BlackBerry Curve via the o2 site yesterday morning, pay monthly £20 tariff. Order went through fine on the site, put in bank details for direct debit etc, said it would send me a confirmation email, had received no confirmation e-mail all of yesterday so got a little paranoid last night and emailed to ask if the order had went through ok as there was no trace of my order through the site either, logged into my email this morning and have a 'Your O2 bill is ready' email informing me my first bill was £20.68 and they will request it on the chosen date on my bill....

First time I've ever gone pay monthly or even set up any direct debits so wasn't sure if this was normal to get a bill before I'd even got the phone never mind not even having a confirmation email about it. Phoned o2 customer services this afternoon, woman told me there was no trace of my order, I asked her how come they've sent me an email about my first bill if there isn't even trace of me ordering a phone, she hung up on me... lovely! So then phoned my bank to see if any direct debit had been set up and they said no. So I assumed at this point my order just didn't go through and was gonna leave it at that.. Logged into my email an hour ago and theres a reply from o2 from my email I sent them last night asking about the status of my order, they say my order went through ok and has been dispatched and gave me a DHL tracking number to check, checked this and phone is out for delivery... so I do have a phone on the way despite the woman in customer services this morning having no trace of an order in my account?

I'm just a little confused about them sending me a bill before I've got the phone, is this normal? And also a little worried about the direct debit, does it take a while to set up or is there anything else I have to do, do I have to confirm with my bank or anything? Woman in the bank this morning said nothing had been set up but I'm thinking maybe it takes a few days?

Thanks for any help with my paranoid ramblings in advance!

:robotsurprised:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Don't worry this is normal for a first contract - when you buy in store you have to pay there. The reason for it is because you pay in advance for your tariff. The bill they are sending you is effectively a receipt for the first month. As for your bank give it chance they send the paperwork out to banks via the mail. No direct debit can be set up in less then 5 days. Customer services won't know about your delivery as it won't show on their system until after you activate the phone and use it, plus I am presuming that you don't have a telephone number yet for them to look up.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi Wendy, ah phew that's ok then, thanks! I've just this minute had the phone delivered haha! So can I go ahead and use it or do I have to wait for direct debit to be set up or anything..? Smiley Indifferent
Highlighted
Anonymous

You can use the phone straight away Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Up and running, thanks! Smiley Very Happy