cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time Buyer > Awful Misleading Purchase & Poor Support!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased an Apple iPhone 5 32GB White & Silver (Refurbished) variant on 03/03/2014 around 5.30pm (was advertised in stock). While I was ordering the phone I was on live chat support with the staff. The staff asked for my order number once payment is complete so that it can be checked if it went through correctly. So I gave my order number once I completed the checkout. The staff on live chat confirmed order went through successfully.

Around 6.20pm I received two emails such as;

- Thank you for your O2 order (KMM942383568I15977L0KM)‏
- Important information about your order (KMM942397740I15977L0KM)‏

In the second email it clearly states "Your order is being processed and will be despatched shortly." along with details of how to track order at www.o2.co.uk/trackyourorder however that link does NOT show up correctly (website design broken).

Moving on around 8pm I then got a text from 80202 saying;
"Sorry it's taking longer than we hoped to send your order. We're still expecting more stock soon. We'll text you again as soon as we have a delivery date."

At this stage I am fuming. The website clearly displayed item in stock, your staff confirmed order went through successfully. You cannot simply turn round & say not in stock (this is false/misleading advertisement). Contacted live support, Facebook/Twitter pages for help. I have to say to support is ridiculous. O2 just treat customers like EXCREMENT! Never have I come across a shoddy company with 100% misleading advertisement. Don't know what awful system O2 use for example if you have 50 phones in stock & first 50 customers purchase that particular phone then the website should show "Out of Stock" in my case it didn't. Either someone who placed an order after me was given my order or an O2 staff intervened (for staff discount purpose). 

I for one don't like this type of sale & this has now caused a delay in my dispatch/delivery which is pathetic. Yet payment has been taken out from my account for the phone (upfront cost) but no dispatch/delivery email. Thieves at work, I'm guessing? I don't like the fact I had waste my time on a new purchase with O2 & the chasing up about out of stock issue. I could have gone to a different retailer or heck even eBay & got the item delivered for next day without any problems!

Everytime I contact Live Chat support I get told different story about my order and sometimes get told our system is down. 

This is my first and last purchase at O2.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry that you are having problems with your O2 online order.  I had similar problems when I placed an order on the Carphone Warehouse a few months ago. 

Refurbished phones will almost always incur delays with their delivery as their stock are different compared to brand new phones.

I suggest that you take @Toby advice and send him a private message with your details and he will work very hard to help you.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unfortunately it's not an uncommon story regarding stock levels on line - They seem to be a bit random.
It's always advisable to go in store if you can, that way you can walk out with a new phone in your hand.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

The support from O2 is ridiculous. Either I get ignored where chat will on numerous occasion end (O2 staff just disconnect chat) or they will keep telling me different story. Well if the offer was valid in store I would have picked one up.

I have to say O2 are not what they use to be.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Frustrating times.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do let us know how you get on unfortunately live chat can be a bit useless sometimes
Message 5 of 10

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi SMIAH25,

I'm Toby, the community coordinator.

Please send me a private message about this and I shall help you to sort it out.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 10

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

I am sorry that you are having problems with your O2 online order.  I had similar problems when I placed an order on the Carphone Warehouse a few months ago. 

Refurbished phones will almost always incur delays with their delivery as their stock are different compared to brand new phones.

I suggest that you take @Toby advice and send him a private message with your details and he will work very hard to help you.

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sent PM slight_smile

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gemz4the1 wrote:

Hi @Anonymous 

Will do. Sent Toby a PM.

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Complete toss up!

If a company is this bad with sale help/support then I don't see me wasting my money on a product in return will get me no where.

Talking over the telephone it has been complete (edited). Excuses after excuses. Got text out of stock. Enquire about order: get disconnected, told in stock then next min out of stock (so which is it?), systems down (really?). Received email today about order going to be depatched shortly and can be tracked on MyO2 (nothing appears about my order). Contacted supported they said I should have NOT received that email as my order status is showing "Out of Stock". 

Wasted my time and money ringing up support in return what do I get ?
Daylight robbery!

I have had enough with O2. I am going to cancel my direct debit. Get refund from Bank for £29.99 for phone (which has not been despatched nor any sort of confirmation). If the phone arrives O2 can come pick it up themselves! I will be sending letter to Head Office.

Message 10 of 10