Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG EARBUDS

Mrso83
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On 4/7/2023 I upgraded my phone to a Samsung S23 Ultra, which at the time of purchase came with a pair of Galaxy air buds for £1.

I completely forgot about the ear buds until my husband reminded me in June. I made a phonecall to customer services on Thursday 20th June and all my details were taken and I was informed that my information would be forwarded to the "vouchers and discount department" and someone would be in touch in 4-5 days. 

I did not receive a response in relation to my phonecall on 20/6 so rang the customer support line again yesterday Monday 24th June. The lady I spoke to initially told me she would take my order number and send the voucher to me and also stated o2 are having a few issues with the ear bud vouchers. This is an indication to me that people not being sent the codes and information to claim the ear buds is a recurring theme. However, when I informed her of the date of purchase she advised there is nothing that can be done on the phone and I should go in store due to the time which has passed since purchase. I did question why I was told something else last week and asked if she could check if there was a record of my discussion on Thursday 20th June - I was told there was a record of my telephone call but no information on where my query was forwarded to. 

The store I purchased the phone from has since closed so I was told to go to the store in Hull City Centre. I did so on Tuesday 25/6/24 and was advised they cannot do anything and I need to raise a formal complaint.

I was advised by the person who sold me the phone at the Pod in Hull last year when i completed my purchase that I could not claim the earbuds for 30 days incase I returned the phone in order to prevent returns fraud and that I would receive details from o2 on how to claim the ear buds. I was told in store when I attended after my phonecalls that the usual way in which the air buds are claimed is that a leaflet is provided to customers with instructions on how to claim direct from Samsung and that the claim can be made immediately but will not be issued until 30 days has passed. I was given no instructions, and I received no reminders to claim the earbuds on text or email as this would have prompted me to claim them. 

I understand that it is unusual for me to now recall after almost a year has passed, however it is genuine and these are the true circumstances. The earbud offer were part of what made me choose to upgrade to that particular model of phone and your records will show I have never claimed for any earbuds with Samsung in association with this telephone number and that I purchased a qualifying handset within the qualifying period. 

I have had the automated response to my complaint which says I should hear something within 7 days but I have not. Can anyone advise what else may be done rather than waiting for 8 weeks to then go to Ombudsman ?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37726 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1715 Solutions

A registered complaint means most agents now see that flag on your account and refuse to engage (so it seems based on reports here anyway, @Mrso83)

This guide takes most of the offers under its wing, if it helps:

Guide: Gift with Purchase  

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4

Mrso83
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for replying - frustrating but it is what it is. I will wait to hear from the complaints team 

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37726 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1715 Solutions

You are welcome. A shame that a complaint means no CS service until it is resolved, from O2's perspective @Mrso83  😒

Message 4 of 4