cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best pay monthly SIM plan if working in Monserrat in the Caribbean for the next few months.

Andyl222
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m going to be working in Monserrat for the next few months and want to keep my o2 pay monthly SIM only deal.  The £6 daily bolt on is a little steep for everyday use and I am wondering if anyone knows of a better plan for working overseas please?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37908 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1723 Solutions

If your tariff is a Plus Plan, O2 Travel Inclusive comes with it and gives you free data - not sure if you can Flex your tariff up to a Plus Planfor your time in Montserrat, @Andyl222?

https://www.o2.co.uk/refresh/flexible-tariffs

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/using-your-phone-abroad

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide may help. You can contact O2 via Social Media at the links below to get help flexing up. Note when you flex down on your return, you may not have all the tariff options you had originally.

If you have an active Virgin Media Broadband account, Volt Megaguide will help you get Volt Travel Inclusive, which works identically to Travel Inclusive.

The O2 Travel (no "Inclusive") will cost you £6 per day that you use cellular data in Montserrat - so if you have to use it, disable Voicemail before you leave the UK to prevent inadvertent activation of O2 Travel when someone calls you and Voicemail picks up.

O2 via Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) are best placed to help.

1000022272.png

Good luck, @Andyl222.

Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8450 Posts
  • 183 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Have you considered @Andyl222 whether a local SIM would be good value and would meet your needs ? 

I would also suggest that you think about WhatsApp, Skype, Microsoft Teams and Zoom as ways of contacting the UK, possibly using free WiFi ! 👍 

Message 3 of 3