cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing security check with carphone warehouse

Anonymous
Not applicable

tried to get the S7 on a monthly contract with carphone warehouse and they said i failed their security checks and that i shoud contact o2. I contacted o2 and they said to contact carphone warehouse.. anyone experienced this issue?

Message 1 of 41
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous If you go in store, which you would be best advised to do as said by the others, bring as much ID as you have just to cover yourself. Provisional license is probably okay for photo ID, and if you're on the electoral roll, that would be a big help too. Please come back and let us know how you got on. It's always a help for anyone else who might be in the same situation as you are. Good luck. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 29 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
So CWP will need you to prove who you are. So they will ask you for your debit card details etc. They will check your name address and direct debit details. Provide wrong info, and they cant upgrade your account.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 2 of 41

Bambino
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Do you mean credit check? If you were trying to buy a phone through Carphone Warehouse you need to go through them. If you didn't pass the credit check with them, there's a very good chance you wouldn't if you tried to buy through the O2 site or store either.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
It didn't work over the phone but can I go to the Carphone Warehouse store and take my bank statement etc.?
Message 4 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope, they said I failed their security check
Message 5 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

It didn't work over the phone but can I go to the Carphone Warehouse store and take my bank statement etc.?

Message 6 of 41

Bambino
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You will need more than a bank statement. You need to bring a photo ID, a utility bill, and your credit or debit card, as well as your bank details.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 41

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Last time I had this happen it was because the debit card address had changed from the one they have on their system.
Message 8 of 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It could even be that you gave the wrong account password too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
this is the first time i'm getting a contract from cpw
Message 10 of 41