Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email stating price increase doesn't tell me what the next bill will be

norfolkingway
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got an email saying I'm getting stung with an 8.8% increase. That this is an absolute crock is another story - mobile service has been in rapid DEFLATION for decades now. Anyway, mine just says it's 3.9 + 4.9% = 8.8%. I'm on a Virgin Mobile transferred £7 pm 50GB deal but the email says here's an example of what it would look like and says £13 -> £14.14. O2 knows exactly what my current plan costs pm so why on earth not say you are paying x now and x times 1.088. I'm concerned that some obfuscation is going on here as my bill does say something about a £13 discount being applied and the nominal bill is £20. So feasibly the £20 could be increased by 8.8% then £13 discount applied, or even worse the discount stops. Why can't O2 send me an email with my current exact monthly amount and the increased amount from April?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@norfolkingway 

If you ask them they will tell you.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

RPI - 2024 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@norfolkingway 

If you ask them they will tell you.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

RPI - 2024 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Rotary
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm in a similar situation to you and have all the same questions (and worries!).
Can you let me know how you got on - is it an increase on the discounted price or were they hiding things???
Thanks.

Message 3 of 6

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 8132 Posts
  • 167 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Rotary 

That question is answered in the RPI - 2024 guide to which @MI5 has already made reference above. 👍 

Message 4 of 6

Rotary
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I managed to contact O2 via Twitter(DM) - they confirmed the increase is only on my current monthly bill (£6) and my discount continues since my switch from Virgin. Wish they had just sent the revised monthly figures to save any confusion.

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 8132 Posts
  • 167 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

At least you are reassured @Rotary ! 👍 

Message 6 of 6