Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rolling plan blunder

SamB85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I received my O2 rolling plan sim earlier this week and attempted to activate yeaterday (10/11/2022) however couldnt log into Myo2 all day (I think due to Peter Kay tickets)

I managed to log in today and when selecting my rolling plan the bundle offer for 70GB data for 3 months (usually 25GB) was not there (none of the promotional rolling plans were showing, only the standard ones were) I thought ok, maybe i need to choose the 25GB one and something will happen in the background to increase this to 70GB.

Entered my payment details and payment was taken.

I then saw on the welcome letter I could claim £10 back by txting FREE10 to 21500 so i did this too.

When i log in to my O2 account it is only showing me as having the base 25GB data allowance, and i also received a txt back from 21500 stating I must top up my sim before I can claim the £10.

Can someone explain what is going on please?

I have spoken to customer services around 5 time today, each time they said a bolt on has been added for 50GB data to my account (I have no visibility of this whatsoever on my O2 account, it still only shows 25GB) and when asking if this was added for 3 months (like the 70GB promotional offer specifies) they couldnt confirm.

The also had no comment with regards to the £10 credit I was supposed to receive.

I am on the verge of asking for it all to be cancelled and to be refunded, however there is a number port in progress (or at least i think so, customer services couldnt advise me on this either)

It just seems to be a bit of a poor show considering this is my first dealings with O2 and already im having trouble.

Can someone please get back to me with regards to the Data allowance (is it normal that its only showing 25GB, despite the promotion being 70GB) and also how do i claim the £10 credit?

Regards

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7338 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

The bolt on data appears in your account after a few days

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 12

SamB85
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still nothing showing 3 days later, and still get the txt saying i need to top up to claim the £10 credit.

Once my number has swapped ill be moving to another provider and claiming a refund from O2

Message 3 of 12

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37497 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

Call 4445 again this morning, 08:15 or so is a good time to try to get ahead of the queue, or reach out to O2 Social Media Team links below, @SamB85 - nothing much changes in O2 over a weekend. Good luck!

Message 4 of 12

SamB85
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ok, so despite requesting a number port (and O2 cancelling the number with my old provider) they havent actually moved the number across.

What an absolute mess

Message 5 of 12

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37497 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

Sounds like you need help from an Advisor from O2 here on the forum, @SamB85 - I am tagging  @O2Georgina - keep an eye on your PMs. Good luck.

Message 6 of 12

SamB85
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks, im starting to pull my hair out over this.

Iv spoken to Sky (who i moved from) they can see the PAC code has been used and the number is no longer with them.

The person at O2 i spoke to advised i get another PAC code from sky, but i cant as the number doesnt exist on thier network anymore.

This is a work phone number and tied to alot of things (banking, MFA access for certain applications) so i need to keep this number.

I followed the steps online and filled out the form as stated on the O2 site.

Message 7 of 12

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@pgn  Thanks for the tag

@SamB85  I will send you a private message  now

signature
Message 8 of 12

SamB85
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have replied.

Just to inform you, I spoke to Sky who said the number is no longer with them and they can see the pac code was used today. When i spoke to O2 customer services they told me to get a new pac code (which i cant as the number isnt with sky anymore)

Message 9 of 12

SamB85
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

So after talking to a fair few people, everything is now sorted.

It took a while and there were hiccups (i.e. the number not transferring and so me loosing access to it for around 24 hours) but it all seems to be ok now.

There were some very helpful customer services advisors who I spoke to, and I have asked for them to be recgonised on thier helpfulness.

Message 10 of 12