Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from o2 ref terms and conditions

Nra70
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yesterday I received an email from o2 describing how they will be changing my terms and conditions.
I'm on a standard pay monthly contract which I set up with a reseller in Feb 20 (mobile phones direct).
Can someone here please confirm if customers who received this email are allowed to leave their contract without penalty..
I have just chatted in an o2 live chat with 'Jason' who says I'm not eligible having checked on the system and after speaking with his supervisor and will be obliged to pay early termination.
Can someone give clarity on what circumstances must be met to allow early ending of contract without penalty.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Nra70
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

it seems there have been 2 types of email circulated from o2 yesterday.

mine simply refers to them moving me to a news set of terms and conditions on August 2nd.

it provides a link to the new terms and conditions.

my question ultimately is if o2 move me onto new terms and conditions are they breaching the original contract I signed with them at commencement of my contract in Feb 2020 and thus enabling me to exercise my right to terminate my contract without any fee?

Message 11 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Seemingly unhappy customers looking for a way out

Can anyone who has been successful in leaving without penalty please post and let us know

Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Nra70 wrote:

it seems there have been 2 types of email circulated from o2 yesterday.

mine simply refers to them moving me to a news set of terms and conditions on August 2nd.

it provides a link to the new terms and conditions.

my question ultimately is if o2 move me onto new terms and conditions are they breaching the original contract I signed with them at commencement of my contract in Feb 2020 and thus enabling me to exercise my right to terminate my contract without any fee?

No sorry. 

T&C's can change legally as long as 30 days notice is given. 

You can only cancel if you can prove the change is detrimental to you. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 13