Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early contract change

Cmch
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there, I'm looking for help, I recently bought a new phone and signed up for monthly contract however : Im finding it too dear now and I would rather change to sim only plan, I would like pay out for rest of the price of the phone and switch to sim only however the guy at the o2 shop said when he tried to let me do this it wouldnt allow me online. Why is it saying this? I really would prefer switching to sim only
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Cmch 

Choose to upgrade to sim only in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 and O2 will automatically bill you for what you owe on the device plan.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 6

Cmch
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI MI5 ; i tried to do that however its saying i need a few checks before i can. I rang the 202 number and they said they cant do anything as i need to ring fraud team but i dont know how to ring them. Do the fraud team carry out these checks? I thought this would be easy , im looking to pay off device plan , cancel this contract and switch to sim only . Do they usually carry out these "checks" on new contract holders ? I just want it sorted

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Cmch 

It's nothing to do with fraud and you can't call that team anyway.

It has to be processed by customer service for you.

Call again and hope you get someone who knows what they are doing. I guess it's something to do with wanting to pay it off quickly but it's a normal thing for customer service to deal with.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 6

Cmch
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Okay thank you very much ; so will i ring 202 and when they ask for what im looking for will i say customer services ?

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

202 or any of these numbers Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support will get you through to customer services @Cmch 

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 6