Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Early change of tariff

I've been on an a £15/m 100 Minutes - Unlimited texts 24 month contract for a few months and I was wondering if I could change to one with a 500MB internet option. I have sold the Nokia 5800 which came with my contract and have used another phone since then but it has broken and I am going to buy an unlocked HTC Wildfire which seems pretty internet-based. The cheapest internet tariff I've seen is 300 minutes, Unlimited texts and 500MB internet for £25/m . I've seen other companies, such as Three, offering a free HTC wildfire, 500 minutes, 5000 texts and 1GB internet for £20 a month. If I mention this am I likely to get a discount? Will they let me change tariff at all?
Thanks
Anonymous

Re: Early change of tariff

you can upgrade for tariff anytime you want, but not downgrade for 9 months.
And no, you wont get a discount.
Anonymous

Could I switch to a 12 month Simplicity tarrif with 600 minutes, unlimited texts and a 500mb data bolt on for £20 a month?
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

No as Simplicty and contracts-with-a-handset are not the same thing. Your contract has a subsidised phone over the contract term so you are on that tariff range. You'd need to pay off your existing contract to do a swap.
You will need to ring CS and discuss your options with them (read that as you will need to pay for the data bolt on) but essentially you can't get out of your current contract without penalty.