Early Upgrade Email

AlMcCann
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone

Quick question.

I got an email this morning from o2 saying that I could upgrade 12 months early (36 month contract) and if I traded in my current phone o2 would pay the rest of my device plan (roughly £300) - I would then take out a new 36 month contract and get a new phone.

All this has to be done in store and apparently cant be done online or over the phone.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has seen/taken this deal and if it is actually as straightforward as it suggests?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149448 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@AlMcCann 

Assume the stores are currently open in your area? but yes, it's a valid deal offerered to certain customers.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 18

AlMcCann
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes, stores open here in Northern Ireland.
Message 3 of 18

MI5
  • 149448 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

That's great @AlMcCann thumbsup

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 18

AlMcCann
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I upgraded last Thursday evening. Its not written in the small print but I had to pay £327.50 to pay off my contract. This was then supposed to be credited back to me in 3-5 working days. It’s now been 5 working days and no money has been returned to me.

I have called o2 Recycle but they were pretty much useless, no one could tell me what account number my money had been credited back to, according to them my order is complete and I should have the money in my account.

I am seriously worried that the guy in the o2 store entered my account details wrongly and someone else now has my £327.50.

Not happy at all.
Message 5 of 18

MI5
  • 149448 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@AlMcCann 

The credit won't show until your next bill is generated.

Message 6 of 18

AlMcCann
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was told by the store that I would have the money back in my account in 3-5 working days. O2 Recycle have told me that my order is complete!

So someone is lying to me!
Message 7 of 18

AlMcCann
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
And my next bill isn’t for 17 days!

The money is supposed to be going into my bank account, not being credited to my o2 account.
Message 8 of 18

MI5
  • 149448 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

Generally goes on your bill then you have to request the transfer out to your bank account @AlMcCann 

Might just be a bit slow to catch up though after applying Covid excuses!

Message 9 of 18

jonsie
  • 94020 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

You have to request it

You need to call customer service
Advice from an O2 Guru to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Choose the fraud option if necessary

Message 10 of 18