Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Former Staff

Re: Early Termination Fee

Hello @TristanHamilton, glad to see you back and that all was an error in the cancellation process. smiling let us know if we can help you more Wave 

Thanks so much @jonsie@MI5 and @Anonymous for helping kissing heartkissing heartHero

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Level 1: Joiner

I was told yesterday i would not have to pay a cancellation fee or any fee of that sort to cancel my contract today.

i have rung up today and now been told i ahve to pay

surely being told i dont have to pay means i dont have to

whats the difference between his and walking into a shop and something being labelled £30 but the till says £60. they legally have to sell it to you for £30.

if someone could get back about where i stand because this is ridiculous being told two different things

thanks 

Anonymous

@cancellation If you are cancelling your contract early or upgrading then you must pay what is left of your current device plan or contract. You agreed to the t&c

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/A-Guide-To-O2-Refresh/td-p/877701

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

Topics: 685

@cancellation

Whoever told you that you wouldn't have to pay was misinforming you. Anyone who cancels their contract early has to pay the remainder of their contract.

You gave an example, I'll give you another one.

Say you applied for a contract for a phone costing £900 and decided after a month you wanted to cancel, do you honestly think anyone would allow you to walk away with a phone of that value without paying for it?

Follow the information above on Cancellation.

*The Game Is On*