cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Cancellation?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My contract is due for renewal/upgrade in September, but I'm pretty keen on starting my "new" contract now, with a new phone and same number.

I was wondering if that is at all possible and if O2 does deals for customer who wants to do this. 

I'm currently paying £27 a month, so I'm assuming I'd be paying £27 x 5 to be allowed to cancel my contract and start a new one.

Has anone done this or know anything about it, I'd chat with O2, but all their chats are busy at the moment.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23046 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Yes you are correct. You would have to pay off the months that are remaining on your current contract. You should try to call Customer Services on 202 from your phone. It's a free call, and the information you get will be much more reliable than what you will be told on chat.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23046 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Yes you are correct. You would have to pay off the months that are remaining on your current contract. You should try to call Customer Services on 202 from your phone. It's a free call, and the information you get will be much more reliable than what you will be told on chat.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Defiantly call 202 don't use live chat I doubt very much they would even know what your asking for

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah the sentences din't make much sens I must admit. Called them and would have to pay alot to get rid of my contract! Thanks for answers though!
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you sell your current phone to put the funds towards paying off your contract?

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wish I could, unfortunately it isn't worth anything anymore.

Thanks for all the help though!
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome sorry it wasnt the outcome you were looking for

Message 7 of 7