cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due an upgrade at end of the month, question re: what next?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

My contract is coming to an end at the end of January (28th), and I am finding it unlikely that I will stay with o2, due to poor network coverage.

If I decide to not stay with o2, do I have to effectively cancel my contract and let them know I won't be returning, or do I just wait until the contract ends and that's that?

Also, does anyone know when I can expect a call from o2 and be told the available upgrade phones? I might be persuaded to stay with a good deal, and with the hope that I might be able to get better network coverage

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just spoke to a very helpful operative on o2 chat, who said the best deal they could offer at the moment was £50 upfront cost, and £33 a month for Sony Xperia Z3, Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts and 2gb data. However it's a little more than I'd like to pay at the moment.

CPW is coming up with similar (or more expensive prices).

Is it true o2 can offer more discount/better deals on the date of the upgrade is available?

Thanks again all

I would haggle as T-mobile are offering the Z3 completely free on a £29.99 contract with Unlimited data. Even EE are offering the handset free on £30.99 a month with 2GB data

Message 11 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122924 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

But at the end of the day you can't just go for the cheapest deal....you have to consider the network coverage as well....Decisions decisions...and many variables wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 14

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Thanks for updating us all @Anonymous slight_smile

Have you made a decision on what deal you'll go for yet?

Welcome to the community

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

But at the end of the day you can't just go for the cheapest deal....you have to consider the network coverage as well....Decisions decisions...and many variables wink

Very true! Howver, last week I was sitting in my girlfriends bedroom, and I sent my Mum a text. I noticed I had no network coverage, so I turned on airplane mode, then turned it off again to give the network a kick. Low and behold, the message then got sent to my Mum 65 times!! The network just randomly drops for me, so it will factor into my decision, very much so.

Toby, not yet mate. I have seen better deals online than I have been quoted, so we will see what happens when I call o2 on the 28th

Message 14 of 14