cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due an upgrade at end of the month, question re: what next?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

My contract is coming to an end at the end of January (28th), and I am finding it unlikely that I will stay with o2, due to poor network coverage.

If I decide to not stay with o2, do I have to effectively cancel my contract and let them know I won't be returning, or do I just wait until the contract ends and that's that?

Also, does anyone know when I can expect a call from o2 and be told the available upgrade phones? I might be persuaded to stay with a good deal, and with the hope that I might be able to get better network coverage

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It is unlikely that O2 will call you, so you need to call 202 to speak to them.
If you are moving your number with you there is no need to give notice. It is a theoretical accounting notice period anyway so as long as you meet your required date you can just PAC your number to a new provider.
If you do nothing your contract will just continue to run on a month by month basis (ie, no minimum term).
Some further help here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It is unlikely that O2 will call you, so you need to call 202 to speak to them.
If you are moving your number with you there is no need to give notice. It is a theoretical accounting notice period anyway so as long as you meet your required date you can just PAC your number to a new provider.
If you do nothing your contract will just continue to run on a month by month basis (ie, no minimum term).
Some further help here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't stay with O2, you will need to call them to give them notice.

If you wish to take your existing number to another network, call O2 and request a PAC (port authorisation code) which you then give to your new network.

Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would shop around for deals with CPW for example as they can sometimes offer better deals and more choice of handsets on an O2 24 month tariff.

They Unfortunatley cannot offer the Refresh Tariff.

Also if you find a deal then speak to O2 retentions to see if they'll match or better it.

If you do migrate to another network as you comment on then please check the other networks coverage by trying out their payg sims where you live , work and commute. If your phones locked to the O2 network then as a contract customer you can unlock it for free. More here -> http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-an-o2-mobile-to-use-on-a-different-network
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help everyone, really appreciate it!

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're very Welcome.

Enjoy the journey and perhaps let us know how you got on.
Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the help everyone, really appreciate it!

No worries mate slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just spoke to a very helpful operative on o2 chat, who said the best deal they could offer at the moment was £50 upfront cost, and £33 a month for Sony Xperia Z3, Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts and 2gb data. However it's a little more than I'd like to pay at the moment.

CPW is coming up with similar (or more expensive prices).

Is it true o2 can offer more discount/better deals on the date of the upgrade is available?

Thanks again all

Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That is a pretty good deal tbh but if you call through to retentions they may offer you another deal or something else to keep you......

Currently using:
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

They will want to try and keep you however even if you upgrade via CPW they still get the revenue.

You could try again nearer the date. You don't get if you don't ask. 😉
Message 10 of 14