Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied application for contract

Tim83
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Am after a bit of help, my Vodafone contract ended at the end of november, I found a good deal with ID Mobile on a 1 month sim only plan so transferred to them but then find out are awful so last week took out a 12 month O2 sim only plan. The sim card has yet to arrive after 8 days but that's another issue. 

Yesterday my phone that I had planned on keeping for another year or so stopped charging so I thought I'd use the 14 day cooling off period on the O2 sim only plan after finding a new phone and plan. I applied for a package through Mobile Phones Direct and the application was accepted but then I had an email saying the application was denied by the network provider. Tried again, same result so then tried using Mobile Phones Direct to get a deal with Three Mobile, same result, application denied by network provider.

I've spoken to O2 and Three and neither can give me an answer as to why, my credit score on Experian is 999 so I'm assuming that's a good score, have never had an issue with credit and regulary get offers for unsecured loans and credit card limit increases and the like. 

My only thought is that I've taken out 2 sim only plans in the last 3 weeks and this is causing issues or Mobile Phones Direct can't honour the deal they've offered, but am left scratching my head.

Has anyone had anything similar. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149927 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28561 Solutions

@Tim83 

Multiple credit checks in such a short space of time will give issues.

I'd suggest you leave it for a month before trying again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 149927 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28561 Solutions

@Tim83 

Multiple credit checks in such a short space of time will give issues.

I'd suggest you leave it for a month before trying again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Tim83
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Thanks, I did think that could be an issue.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 149927 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28561 Solutions

without doubt @Tim83 

Message 4 of 4