Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default on Sim only account

annoyed123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, by way of background Ive been an 02 customer for over 14 years - I have 4 monthly contracts (myself and 3 children) all of which are in good standing.  I took out a SIM only thing just before I got my youngest daughter a monthly package.  tried to cancel the SIM only package and was told no I had a years's worth of charges to pay on it.  I had no payment reminders, no letters no nothing and next thing I knew a letter from a debt management company (Lowell) to say I owed £113, which I paid immediately.  I have contacted 02 and been told that they didnt need to even send me a Default Notice as it was a SIM only deal and not a contract.  They are now refusing to remove the Default despite it being paid in full.  This is obviously now having a detrimental impact on my credit record.  Anyone know what I can do? Lowell say to contact 02 and 02 say to contact Lowell.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146977 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@annoyed123 

Typical of O2 I'm afraid.

They won't remove the default but they should at least mark it as satisfied on your credit file.

You can email credit file referrals here 

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2