cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data problems?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I'm posting this here in the hope someone can help, because so far the problem has been fallen on deaf ears and explained is my equipment and my fault.

A few days ago I was driving and had a text saying I'd used 80% of my data, I wasn't sure what on, as I don't really use data. Then within a minute I got another text saying I had no data left. I shrugged it off presuming some app was playing up, all that was running I think was eBay.

Yesterday I needed to use the Internet, so opened Safari to be greeted with the message saying I'd used all my data. No problem I think and then phoned 2202 for more data, added 100mb and went back to Safari. I still have the message saying I've used all my data, so I gave it a minute or so, yet still had no data.

I then phoned 2202 again, and again added 100mb of data, presuming it hadn't gone through. Then went back to Safari, same message. OK, I thought, obviously a problem. I'll phone o2. I phone and gave up after 10 minutes...

So, today I use your live chat thing (on my laptop as it's pointless from a phone - it doesn't work) and to cut a long story short I've been told I've used 200mb in the last 12 hours.

Well, that'd be fine if I could've actually used data, but no emails, Safari or Apps would function. At all. Aside from that, under Mobile in Settings, the only apps I permit to use over data are Amazon, eBay, Mail, Safari, Fastever and Settings. And background updates are off. 

I don't use Facebook or Twitter and I'm an avid avoider of using data unless really bored.

So, can someone please tell me how I could have possibly used 200mb of data in seemingly minutes/seconds?

And yes I've taken my simcard out and turned it on and off. It's an iPhone 5 if that matters.

Any advice would be appreciated, because my phone says I've only used 67mb in the last 7 days, yet o2 insist otherwise - although how they propose I'm supposed to have used that data is beyond me.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Remember to ask for your Pac code to retain your mobile number.

Get payg sims from the networks your interested in.

Giffgaff have little in the way if customers service support. It's all done via e-mail and their forum.
Message 21 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not that "customer service" from any mobile network actually amounts to much beyond trying to get rid of you! After all, I feel I've had more help here, than 4 different o2 employees. slight_smile
Message 22 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I've always found the Giffgaff way of doing things very good really and they have an excellent help forum, like this one, too slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 23