Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

Denise22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
A year and a half ago I got the iPhone 6s and right from the get go we had problems with the data. My daughter was blue to receive and send messages on WhatsApp and that’s all her data would let her do. She got notifications from Instagram but the actual app wouldn’t work. Nothing would work with the data so we were paying for data that quite simply didn’t work. We went in multiple times and they believed the problem to be the phone. So we upgraded to the iPhone 11 and got a new sim which arrived yesterday. And this problem is still happening which makes us wonder why it’s happening. We’ve tried contacting O2 with no success and would like help on what could possibly be causing this as it’s baffled us.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions

I think you need the Idata bolt on @jonsie @Cleoriff @Marjo @Martin-O2 

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144202 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@Denise22 

It's an account problem somewhere. Customer service need to fix it.

@liggerz87 

iData isn't needed for data transfer in the UK but some specific iPhone functions like VVM won't work without it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

O2Ben
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Denise 

Do the apps work alright on wifi? If so it could be the parental control settings for the data on the account, it's something I have encountered before the apps have age restrictions on them because of content that is accessible through the app. Here's a link that explains a little bit more, Its not directly linked to apps but the data connection as a whole.

More info

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/age-restricted-content-and-age-verification

I hope this helps 

signature
Message 4 of 5

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Ah cool @MI5 I dont do iPhone as you can see haha
Message 5 of 5