cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data allowance text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable
I received a text message two days after I had my new 1Gb monthly allowance saying I had used 80% already! At first I though someone might be stealing my data as I had hardly used it. But when I checked I still had around 960Mb left. Why might this have happened?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

so you also too understand the data useage issues then??

Message 11 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
I understand how wifi assist is designed to work and that a user can turn it off if they don't require it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

so you will also understand that wifi assist will also continue to use mobile data even when your using wifi! which i did clearly mention in my coment to assist the user with his data question 

Message 13 of 18

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
As I've said I fully understand who it works - I've even provided a link for you to read all about it.
My question was in reference to your claim that it was a "bug"?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

why are you so argumentative is it some sort of fear that someone has come along with some knowladge and your scared your not going to be "topdog" around here?

Message 15 of 18

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Not me - if that's your motivation, good luck to you.
Better people than you have tried and failed.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

awwww so you are worried as you have just made a grand statement of "better people have tried and failed" lol lol 

Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous turn off wifi assist, background Refresh & mobile data & you will be fine 

Message 18 of 18