cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data allowance text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable
I received a text message two days after I had my new 1Gb monthly allowance saying I had used 80% already! At first I though someone might be stealing my data as I had hardly used it. But when I checked I still had around 960Mb left. Why might this have happened?
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Sometimes it can take a while for the system to catch up or record the data usage.
We do have people saying they've had messages saying 80% used then 100% used immediately after even though they hadn't used their phones.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Either a glitch or a delayed notification from the previous month?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's kind of what I thought as I did run out last month and didn't receive the 80% notification. Wondered if this has happened to anyone else?
Message 3 of 18

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Sometimes it can take a while for the system to catch up or record the data usage.
We do have people saying they've had messages saying 80% used then 100% used immediately after even though they hadn't used their phones.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your an iPhone user welcome to my world, you will have a toggle in settings called wifi assist, when background apps update and when your connected to wifi using apps it will also use your mobile data big bug within iPhone.. turn off wifi assist so it wont use mobile data as well as wifi then that should slow down your data use
Message 5 of 18

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
How can a deliberately designed feature be a bug?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know but it's a known bug on the IPhone 7....
Message 7 of 18

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
No mention of a "bug" here ?
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT205296

Currently using:
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5 do you use an Iphone?

Message 9 of 18

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Yes as it says in my signature?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 18