cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage and Extortionate charges

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there,

I have been an O2 customer for a few years now (5+). I have recnetly discovered that you are charging some extortinate rates if I exceed the monthly limits on you are chargin some extortionate amount per MB.( 2.5p/MB). So my monthly allowance is 3GB which is probably @ £5/month but you charged me £65 for 2.5 GB usage over two days? How is that ethical and fair?

Please reply.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @ewanrw . I think I shouldnt be ranting anymore. wink

Message 11 of 14

scaryprice
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had this too. I called to ask why my bills had trebled when they had been constant for almost two years and was told that it's the fault of apps using more data than they did. Does this make sense to anyone? 

Message 12 of 14

scaryprice
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had this too. I called to ask why my bills had trebled when they had been constant for almost two years. My bills were about £30 and shot up into the hundreds. 

Message 13 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@scaryprice wrote:

I had this too. I called to ask why my bills had trebled when they had been constant for almost two years and was told that it's the fault of apps using more data than they did. Does this make sense to anyone? 

Unless you are on a business contract, you don't get charged for using more data, so that sounds like rubbish to me.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14