cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage and Extortionate charges

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there,

I have been an O2 customer for a few years now (5+). I have recnetly discovered that you are charging some extortinate rates if I exceed the monthly limits on you are chargin some extortionate amount per MB.( 2.5p/MB). So my monthly allowance is 3GB which is probably @ £5/month but you charged me £65 for 2.5 GB usage over two days? How is that ethical and fair?

Please reply.

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

https://www.o2.co.uk/sites/default/files/docs/overage-terms-statement.pdf

Out of Bundle Charges for Data Usage on all business tariffs from 6th November 2014

1. These terms apply to customers who connect or re-sign to any O2 business tariff from 6Th November 2014.

2. Data usage outside of the data bundle/bolt on allowance of your chosen tariff will be charged at 2.5p per MB.

3. Data usage is measured in megabytes (MB). 1MB = 1024 Kilobytes (KB), 1024 MB = 1 Gigabyte (GB).

4. Data usage outside the data bundle/bolt on is rounded to the nearest kilobyte on a daily basis and charges are rounded up to the nearest 1p.

5. These terms are supplementary to the terms of your chosen business tariff.

ewan

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You aren’t actually talking to o2 here I’m afraid but o2 don’t charge for exceeding data in the uk.
We’re you abroad?
You can call 202 from you phone to query charges with customer service
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I thought this forum was monitored by O2. tongue

Well my monthly data limit is 3GB and they have charged me £65 for 2.5GB data  for going over the limit in a give month. I spoke to O2 customer service but they are ademant thats how it works. I am just surprised that they are getting away by charging an extortionate amount. Cant wait to get out of this stupid contract. 

Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We have checked and been assured by @Martin-O2 that there are no charges for exceeding data use in the UK.
You will be charged when abroad but not at home.
If this is home use, call customer services and ask for it to be refunded as data should just stop when limit is reached.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that right @Martin-O2 ? I have already spoken to them and they are ademant that they are right to charge me. Where does it say that the data should be stopped and the cusomer should not be charged. Is this valid for business contracts as well?

thanks

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very vauge. We will impose network protection or Impose further charges. Yes we know you want our money.  

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-tariff-terms#data-charges

4.8 If you exceed your monthly allowance without purchasing extra data or if you breach these terms, we reserve the right to:

1. Impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed
  2. Remove O2 network access from your account
  3. Impose further charges; and / or
  4. disconnect your SIM card at any time, having attempted to contact you first.
Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Not sure then as you didn't say you were on a business tariff.
Your T&C's are here though https://www.o2.co.uk/sites/default/files/docs/general-terms-for-business-customers-1-april-2016.pdf

Currently using:
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @MI5. As expected their is nothing in the agreement, just vague statemens that ' you will be charged'. 

Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hopefully @Martin-O2 can check for us.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 14

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

https://www.o2.co.uk/sites/default/files/docs/overage-terms-statement.pdf

Out of Bundle Charges for Data Usage on all business tariffs from 6th November 2014

1. These terms apply to customers who connect or re-sign to any O2 business tariff from 6Th November 2014.

2. Data usage outside of the data bundle/bolt on allowance of your chosen tariff will be charged at 2.5p per MB.

3. Data usage is measured in megabytes (MB). 1MB = 1024 Kilobytes (KB), 1024 MB = 1 Gigabyte (GB).

4. Data usage outside the data bundle/bolt on is rounded to the nearest kilobyte on a daily basis and charges are rounded up to the nearest 1p.

5. These terms are supplementary to the terms of your chosen business tariff.

ewan

Message 10 of 14