cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DD monthly payment

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am just inquiring as to what the possible outcome would be if I miss a DD payment. My payment is due monday and what with xmas and wages going in payments being taken at early and late over the last 2 weeks I have lost track of what was paid and what is still due.
As it stands my payment won't go through when due because of insufficient funds although I hope to be able to put the money in in time but what will happen if I am unable to.
Clearly I understand this is my own fault and in the worst case scenario will have enough to pay it on next Friday but ia there anyone I can contact who help me sort this out. I have never missed a payment before and my recorfld is spotless, would hate to get a black mark if it can be avoided
Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Call 202 and explain to CS. They may allow a manual payment at a later agreed date for this month only.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Speak to Customer Service on 202 from your mobile as soon as you possibly can.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your account has been run ok in the past then I would speak to O2 on 202 to discuss options.

It's then upto them to agree terms.
Message 3 of 22

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Call 202 and explain to CS. They may allow a manual payment at a later agreed date for this month only.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

The worse thing you can do is nothing. Most companies are quite helpful this time of year and hopefully understand the pressure of Christmas etc. Best of luck when you ring on the number given wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

At the very worst case scenario, It may be too late to cancel DD with it being Friday and payment due Monday. They could try and claim amount, Bank will refuse DD and issue a charge for non payment, and O2 may cut off number until payment made. Will then show as on Credit File as non payment and may affect future credit!

Good Luck in trying to get through to someone, and they could say that they have given you 10 days notice that they are taking the funds from you?

Can you not ask your bank for an overdraft to cover the DD, their fee may be lower than the non payment fee?

Message 6 of 22

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I am just inquiring as to what the possible outcome would be if I miss a DD payment.

Your bank will rip you off.

#siwy
Message 7 of 22

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@browni wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I am just inquiring as to what the possible outcome would be if I miss a DD payment.

Your bank will rip you off.

Still a better option than the OP having his phone service cut off and a marker put on his credit rating.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 22

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

At the very worst case scenario, It may be too late to cancel DD with it being Friday and payment due Monday. They could try and claim amount, Bank will refuse DD and issue a charge for non payment, and O2 may cut off number until payment made. Will then show as on Credit File as non payment and may affect future credit!

Good Luck in trying to get through to someone, and they could say that they have given you 10 days notice that they are taking the funds from you?

Can you not ask your bank for an overdraft to cover the DD, their fee may be lower than the non payment fee?

You are showing to much sense!

#siwy
Message 9 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It also may be too late to ask for an overdraft facility on a Friday with the DD going out Monday (unless this can be done online with immediate effect)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 22