cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check on second contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wondered whether anyone else had experience of this.

Have an iphone myself and ordered through 02 an iphone 5s for my grandson under my name. It came back with 'it's gone to credit check' - not sure why as always paid bills with 02 on time and been with them years.

No one on online chat can tell me anything

Cant get through on the telephone number they gave me

My online account just says 'in progress'

It's being sold as next day delivery so not happy about this delay and what's causing it.

Anyone else had any luck with his and how long did it take before a human at 02 pressed a button?

Thanks all

Order No.

ms-302152777

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
As you already have an account with O2 that is fully up to date I wouldn't expect any issues with a credit check. Just occasionally, the computer refers an application to the back office to carry out an "Identity Check" which is different from a credit check. This may mean you needing to call CS when they are open to answer some questions personal to yourself and your financial circumstances.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's hope the op's Credit Check is cleared ,and are able to take up another contract and phone.
Message 12 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's probably cause you are taking so expensive or higher contract as for IP5s is. I haven't experience that with my cheap samsungs. Hope u get sort it soon
Message 13 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

If you have an existing contract, then providing it has been paid on time, then you can upgrade etc.

However, to take out another number, it is regarded as a new contract, therefore you go through a credit check. Your previous history with O2 is not taken in to account.

They declined me due to recent credit problems, for a seperate personal sim account, yet freely upgraded my other personal account and business account to 2 x iphone 5s as they have been paid on time etc.

John

Message 14 of 23

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

A second contract will always have another number. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 don't use Experian they use Equifax. I got a second contract with O2, I went for an iPhone 5s and did the application at 2am (night owl) and I got a welcome to O2!
Seems funny when you have been with them a while.
Message 16 of 23

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 17 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had a few contracts and my hubby always been Equifax and on another well known money forum advice says it's usually 02? That's what I am going off over the last few years it has been Equifax.
Message 18 of 23

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

In the past they have been known to use all of the credit reference agencies.

Message 19 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you place an order for a Pay Monthly mobile, O2 will use a Credit Reference Agency (in this case Equifax) to obtain information relating to your address, identity and personal credit history. The information returned to O2 is assessed using a process called 'Credit Scoring.'

Credit scoring is a system where all the information provided by Equifax is scored against a set criteria, and your order will be accepted provided the total score is above our minimum threshold.

Due to the credit scoring process, if your order is declined because of a failed credit check, it is unlikely you have failed for any one reason. However, if any of the following apply to you it is likely that your application will fail automatically:

Poor credit history at your address

Not registered on the electoral role for your address

Poor payment record on other credit agreements

County Court Judgements

Click here for advice on obtaining and correcting your credit file.
Message 20 of 23