cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check on second contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wondered whether anyone else had experience of this.

Have an iphone myself and ordered through 02 an iphone 5s for my grandson under my name. It came back with 'it's gone to credit check' - not sure why as always paid bills with 02 on time and been with them years.

No one on online chat can tell me anything

Cant get through on the telephone number they gave me

My online account just says 'in progress'

It's being sold as next day delivery so not happy about this delay and what's causing it.

Anyone else had any luck with his and how long did it take before a human at 02 pressed a button?

Thanks all

Order No.

ms-302152777

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I could have shown you that page, which hasn't been updated for at least 5 years to my knowledge. slight_smile

Equifax is only quoted as an example of what a credit reference agency is and how it might be involved.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 21 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason that the check has referred is because as an existing customer, someone at o2 has to manually check that your bills are paid etc, before approving your 'new line' so to speak. 

This normally doesn't take any more than 48 hours. 

I'd give up on the live chat. 

Call customer services on 202 from your existing phone (free call) they can ring through to credit referrals to try and get the order accepted. 

Message 22 of 23

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@canwefixit good to see you back in the forum stranger! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 23 of 23