Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract

LL27
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, My contract was supposed to have finished today but it looks as though it has carried on? I have a new phone that I am looking to set up with the same number. I hope I will not be charged for this coming month.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35233 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Your contract will switch to a monthly rolling charge, unless you inform O2 you want to switch or upgrade, @LL27 - and as payment is a month in advance, the first bill after upgrade is always an odd amount. Guide: Upgrading Your O2 Phone will help explain what happens.

If you have bought your new phone outright, and the existing SIM fits, just swap over the SIM and keep paying the monthly rolling Airtime amount (your device plan stops automatically on Refresh).

If your previous phone and tariff was a bundle from a reseller, you would be better getting O2 to give you a SIM Only contract, which ends the existing and can be quite cheaply done. You will get a new SIM this way, and will need to move your number across if the new SIM and tariff you choose is a 5G one because you have bought a 5G phone and you live or work in an area with 5G signal. Any O2 Shop will help with this if you wish, but remember to bring photo id and proof of address with you.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
  • 35233 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Your contract will switch to a monthly rolling charge, unless you inform O2 you want to switch or upgrade, @LL27 - and as payment is a month in advance, the first bill after upgrade is always an odd amount. Guide: Upgrading Your O2 Phone will help explain what happens.

If you have bought your new phone outright, and the existing SIM fits, just swap over the SIM and keep paying the monthly rolling Airtime amount (your device plan stops automatically on Refresh).

If your previous phone and tariff was a bundle from a reseller, you would be better getting O2 to give you a SIM Only contract, which ends the existing and can be quite cheaply done. You will get a new SIM this way, and will need to move your number across if the new SIM and tariff you choose is a 5G one because you have bought a 5G phone and you live or work in an area with 5G signal. Any O2 Shop will help with this if you wish, but remember to bring photo id and proof of address with you.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 5

LL27
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have requested a PAC to change over but I will be staying with O2, I had to do it this way as a 3rd party was giving me a much better offer. Once I have set my new phone up will my current contract finish? 

Message 3 of 5

pgn
  • 35233 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  will help explain for your case - a PAC is what lets you move your number between networks, this should just be an upgrade to a cheaper tariff on the same network, from what I understand. PAC codes explained here: Guide: Cancelling Your Contract @LL27.

Message 4 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

You don't need a PAC @LL27 , you just need to tell o2 customer services to move your number from your old deal to your new one.

Phone them up to get them to do this on 202.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 5