cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant connection problems North London - not getting fixed, what are my options?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My partner has been having poor connection in our house for well over a month. About a month ago, I checked service status, said a mast was not working near us (N22). I assumed it was a known fault and would be repaired soon. Few days later same issue. Eventually got around to complaining by web chat on 1 August. Service agent said yes can see a mast is down but would be repaired by 4 August. I asked why had it taken close on a month for it to be fixed, but she claimed it had only been reported not working the day before, despite me having checked service status numerous times over the past few weeks. Was away for a few days, checked when back and mast reported working. Phoned partner today and dropped call. Now have checked service status and mast not working again. Online chat service agent says no idea yet when it will be repaired.

To say we are fed up with O2 is an understatement. My partner works as a freelancer and need to be contactable at all times. So my question is this, at what point can we cancel the contract and move to another network (given I have personal and work phones on EE and Three and have no issues). And how do I make a formal complaint?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
They are for indication only. 😞

Which if you came here we would have suggested trying your sim out in that area.
Message 11 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It isn't really opinion though....
It's common sense and fact backed up by legally binding terms and conditions.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well you clearly have not come across the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 "any service should be provided with reasonable care and skill, within a reasonable time and at a reasonable cost". not being able to make and receive calls in my home in inner London does not seem very reasonable when this is the service I'm paying for!!

Message 13 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
As fellow customers like you we can but listen and sympathise.

Let us know how you get on with your complaint please.
Message 14 of 21

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Have you moved again from Upper Norwood? which last time I checked was in the Outer London Borough of Croydon.

As you obviously had the service when you took out the contract, O2 were not able to foresee that you would move to an area where there were issues with a mast, nor that those issues with that mast would occur at the exact same time that you moved.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 16 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

I find it amazing what people in the UK are prepared to accept as service from their mobile operators. I work in central London and when I go into the John Lewis in Oxford street, I lose all connection. This is in a large department store on the busiest shopping street in one of the biggest cities in the first world. The same goes for inside Selfrdges on Oxford Street, and it is both on O2 and my work EE phone. It is an absolute joke. And when I drive up the M1, there are areas where I lose sevrice, on the supposed main motorway. I worked out in South Africa for 3 years and never dropped calls inside any buildings or shopping centres and that is a supposed third world country. So for people to be on here defending operators because you are indoors or are in that backwater village of Croydon is ridiculous. UK operators in general provide a very poor service and get away with it because people are locked into long term contracts to get the phone subsidies. Going forward I will never have anything but a month by month contract and that is what everyone needs to do.

Message 18 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's fair enough.

I remain on Payg so I have complete freedom myself.
Message 19 of 21

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Some people unfortunately have to take out a 2 year contract to get the latest phones. It's vital that some research is done with regards to coverage. It's unfortunate (or not) that you moved address.

One of the reasons I opted for a 30 day contract.

Message 20 of 21