cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Orange.fr network in France

Anonymous
Not applicable

Travelling in France. Can only connect to Bouygues. SIM will not connect to Orange-FR.

Staying in a low coverage area. Cannot see SFR, cannot see Bouygues. can only see Orange-FR (3g) but phone won't allow me to connect "no network access".

Friends have visited - they're on o2 and can't connect either. GiffGaff (o2 network) user can't connect. However a VodafoneUK friend can connect or Orange-FR in this location.

So the problem is not my phone, nor with ORANGE-FR but with o2. How can I resolve this without asking for a PAC and moving to Vodafone. And NO i don't want a local SIM.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

that doesnt have any answers to my problem.

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
You already know what the answers are my friend.
Message 4 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Isn't asking for your PAC and moving to Vodafone just because you can't get a signal in a particular place while you're on holiday a bit rash?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
No. Because I am not on holiday. I have a house here and spend a lot of time here and people (work) contact me on my UK mobile number.
Message 6 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
No. Because I am not on holiday. I have a house here and spend a lot of time here and people (work) contact me on my UK mobile number.

Well that isn't what you said in your first post. You said you were traveling in France. If you can't get a signal with o2, then go to Vodafone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

So i'm not allowed to travel around while I'm here?
Doesnt make any difference it still doesnt work.

email to a friend currently at Nice Airport and i get this response:

just tried now in Nice airport and I'm getting 'No Service'. I remember being on Orange loads on previous trips and very little if at all on this one. 

Convinced this is a wider issue with o2 and Orange-FR

Message 8 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Convinced this is a wider issue with o2 and Orange-FR

I suspect you're right, the problem is getting O2 and Orange to investigate.

There are many posts saying people can't connect in France on here now.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem with my iPhone 4.  On holiday near Sarlat; the only networks available are Orange and SFR - they appear instantly when I try to manually select a carrier but if I choose either of them I get a "network not available" message.  I know there is a strong signal since my friend who has an Orange UK phone gets a 5-bar connection to Orange FR.  I CAN get a roaming connection with Bouygues, but it is weak and inconsistent in this area, and non-existent at the gîte where we are staying.  Last week, in a different area where all three networks were available, I could connect to Bouygues but not to either Orange or SFR.  My wife has an identical problem on her O2 iPhone.  Just completed an online chat with an O2 guru - profoundly unimpressed - basically his message was that theoretically I should be able to connect to all three networks, he doesn't know why I can't, and . . . tough luck! Last summer, in the same location, with the same phones and same SIMs we had no problem.

Message 10 of 15