Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint Raised

Anonymous
Not applicable
Complaint rasied:

Re. My number xxxxx

Dear Sir,

I wish to make a complaint re. my recent web chat to resolve a billing issue.

I contacted O2 because I was getting spurious £4.99 charges on my bill for roaming, these amounted to £24.96 on the last full bill and £4.99 on my current period.

It transpires these were billed because I did not 'opt out' of 'O2 Travel', and as soon I sent what has always been on my Simplicity contract a free text* abroad to the UK I was billed £4.99.

For years I have been able to send free texts when roaming anywhere in world with O2 on my Simplicity contract with the International Traveller Service using 4 of of my inclusive free texts for every one I sent (4 for 1).  I have had this service and contract for what must have been >10yrs, I have been with O2 for nearly 20 years.

My complaints are :

1) Your customer service agent on web chat was only willing to refund £10 to me for what is nearly £30 of spurious charging.

2) I was never notified that I have to opt out of 'O2 Travel' to avoid these £4.99 charges.

3) When on numerous occasions on the web chat I asked for 100% clarification that the 4 for 1 free international texts have been withdrawn I was told 'yes'. 
It was after this I asked for my PAC number.

4) It now transpires from the forums and work colleagues on the same contact as me that the 4 for 1 international free texts are still available, and all I needed to do was switch off 'O2 Travel'.

5) I now feel very disgruntled I was given 'duff' information and on that basis terminated my contract with you.

Please can you confirm if I don't use my PAC code with another mobile network I will revert to my Simplicity contract and still receive the 4 for 1 free international texts from anywhere, as I have done for years?

If this is not the case, and the 4 for 1 texts have been withdrawn please can you send me a copy of the notification I am supposed to have received for this change to my contract?

Kind Regards,
Message 11 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Oh, that old chestnut!
Try calling cs on 202 and if no help you can always raise a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 15

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Let us know what they say.
ps, if you don't use your PAC, nothing will change with your o2 contract, the PAC will just expire after 30 days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

To my surprise I got a positive very detailed reply within a few days from the complaint service:

The good news is it seems the 4 for 1 using free text allowance abroad is still valid, so long as you have O2 Travel OFF, and you are still on one of the old legacy Simplicity contracts that hasn't been upgraded to unlimitted inclusive texts.  (I think I get 600 texts).

Plus they are going to refund all the spurious £4.99 'roaming' charges amounting to £35 plus credit my account with £50 for the inconvienece.

Thanks everyone on this forum for your help.

Message 13 of 15

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Good news. I suspected it was getting overridden by the travel service.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 15

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions