cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will O2 be offering compensation for the loss of signal caused by the storms? 

Whilst it is no-ones fault to pay a monthly fee and having just been told that those fees are going up 3 days unable to use the phone for anything it poor. 

Luckily I have an orange account and they wer only affected for a couple of hours so it has been possible to contact people!

Worth noting that I believe the local mast is shared and in genera, in the past O2 seems to be frequently affected with loss of signal whislt t-mobile and vodafone rarely are!

I have had an O2 accout since the Cellnet days in 1992 and the service used to be first class in North Wales, better tahn any other provider. The last couple of years has seen O2 give the impression that they are "not bothered" about less well populated areas!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have a Business Account with Orange and it already is!

Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Have a Business Account with Orange and it already is!

Well that's good and i'm glad for you.

Fantastic

Message 12 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I can take you to many places where there is no signal with Orange too (I have a business account with them) esp since they all combined to become EE and they took down a bunch of masts. The problem is so bad all across the UK that we are ditching Orange (we have 1000's of users in UK).
I mention this for balance and not because I am particularly defending O2 as I also have a Three sim which works where neither my O2 or Orange sim will, so the point is, you should go with who gives you the best signal, period, and if you travel the country as I do, not one single provider is adequate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Problem solved. PAC Received so will transfer as soon as new sim arrives!

Is your contract at an end too, as they could ask for any balance to be paid?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, but I'd rather ditch o2 and pay the costs. No different yo paying for a contract that doesn't work!

Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. EE seems to be most reliable in North Wales if the compalints and articles in local papers are to be believed.

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No, but I'd rather ditch o2 and pay the costs. No different yo paying for a contract that doesn't work!

What ever works for you is the important thing here.

Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

No  I shall be leaving o2 also.  Because their level of care has been so poor and my service is still bad ie phone.

Message 18 of 18