cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will O2 be offering compensation for the loss of signal caused by the storms? 

Whilst it is no-ones fault to pay a monthly fee and having just been told that those fees are going up 3 days unable to use the phone for anything it poor. 

Luckily I have an orange account and they wer only affected for a couple of hours so it has been possible to contact people!

Worth noting that I believe the local mast is shared and in genera, in the past O2 seems to be frequently affected with loss of signal whislt t-mobile and vodafone rarely are!

I have had an O2 accout since the Cellnet days in 1992 and the service used to be first class in North Wales, better tahn any other provider. The last couple of years has seen O2 give the impression that they are "not bothered" about less well populated areas!

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Its up to o2 if they wish to offer a goodwill gesture.

You would have to ask.

They say in their terms that the service is not fault free.

"2.2 The Service isn't fault-free; a range of different geographic, atmospheric or other conditions or circumstances beyond our control can impair it. For instance, coverage is affected by things like the thickness or material of the walls of the building you're in. It might also depend on how many people near you are trying to use the Service at the same time. For more information about the things that affect coverage and data speeds, please look at the dedicated Network pages of our Website at o2.co.uk/network. You're entitled to the quality of service generally given by a competent mobile telecommunications service provider, using its reasonable skill and care. We may direct and manage traffic on our Network as is required to deliver this quality of service. We may also carry out upgrades, repairs and maintenance works to our Network from time to time. Sometimes technical issues or outages on our Network can occur. If something goes wrong, we'll try to fix it quickly."

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Its up to o2 if they wish to offer a goodwill gesture.

You would have to ask.

They say in their terms that the service is not fault free.

"2.2 The Service isn't fault-free; a range of different geographic, atmospheric or other conditions or circumstances beyond our control can impair it. For instance, coverage is affected by things like the thickness or material of the walls of the building you're in. It might also depend on how many people near you are trying to use the Service at the same time. For more information about the things that affect coverage and data speeds, please look at the dedicated Network pages of our Website at o2.co.uk/network. You're entitled to the quality of service generally given by a competent mobile telecommunications service provider, using its reasonable skill and care. We may direct and manage traffic on our Network as is required to deliver this quality of service. We may also carry out upgrades, repairs and maintenance works to our Network from time to time. Sometimes technical issues or outages on our Network can occur. If something goes wrong, we'll try to fix it quickly."

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement

Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't think they would. Doesn't answer the other questions re swervice cf other providers! I'm afraid I will not be dealing with O2 again and would not recommend anyone else to do so. A shame after so many years of good service!

And before you say it -Yes it is my choice and I will exercise it!

Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Didn't think they would. Doesn't answer the other questions re swervice cf other providers! I'm afraid I will not be dealing with O2 again and would not recommend anyone else to do so. A shame after so many years of good service!

And before you say it -Yes it is my choice and I will exercise it!

They did give people £10 a while ago as a goodwill gesture which i recall spending in the O2 store on accessories.

No Uk Network guarantees service.

I agree you should go with the network that supplies with strong network coverage.

If you check the other network forums they too have posts with people unimpressed with network coverage/strength.

Message 4 of 18

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

They did give people £10 a while ago as a goodwill gesture which i recall spending in the O2 store on accessories.

The downside being that it was only through the O2 rewards scheme, not applied as credit to your number.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aldaweb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The downside being that it was only through the O2 rewards scheme, not applied as credit to your number.

This is what i can find and remember.

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/article/1141781/o2-offers-money-back-network-outage-apology

In a statement, the company said: "We are giving them the equivalent of three days back for the disruption as a gesture of goodwill and to say sorry."

Pay Monthly customers will receive 10% off their July subscriptions, which will be applied to their September bill.

Pay & Go customers will receive 10% extra on their first top-up in September.

In addition, all O2 customers will be thanked for their support with a £10 O2 voucher to spend in store, which can be redeemed via the O2 Priority Moments app or online atwww.o2.co.uk/priority.

It will be available between 1 and 30 September to download through Priority Moments and redeem in store, with no minimum spend, one voucher per transaction and no change given.

Message 6 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
To be fair, these are very extenuating circumstances and your best option would be to contact customer service.
Message 7 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

It's highly doubtful that O2 would offer compensation for events that they had absolutely no control over. If you look on the forum from Vodafone, many people have had similar outage problems, also caused by the weather. I would imagine that all the networks have had problems over the last few days. I haven't scoured all the forums, as I'm sure they'll all be the same.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem solved. PAC Received so will transfer as soon as new sim arrives!

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope the grass is greener on the other side for you.

wink
Message 10 of 18