cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing bundle - pay as you go

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I use pay as you go sim and I had 1 gb bundle. I change it for 20GB. If I top up my phone automatically will I get 20 gb? Because I got a message that tariff will be started at september. I don't want to wait that long time for it.
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You will need to top up with enough credit to buy the new tariff before your anniversary date.
If you want to start it earlier you need to call customer service on 4445 so they can change your anniversary date for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You will need to top up with enough credit to buy the new tariff before your anniversary date.
If you want to start it earlier you need to call customer service on 4445 so they can change your anniversary date for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, welcome to the O2 community!

Tariffs and Bolt Ons are not easy to understand Confused  

• For Bolt Ons and payment based tariffs, you’ll get your monthly allowances when we deduct the first month's payment from your balance. They’ll be valid until midnight of the day before your monthly renewal date - one calendar month later. On your monthly renewal date, if we’re able to deduct payment from your balance. When this happens, your new allowances will be valid up until midnight of the day before your new renewal date - one calendar month later. We’ll text you confirming your new renewal date.
  • For top-up based tariffs, when you first top up with the minimum required amount, you’ll get your monthly allowances. They’ll be valid up until midnight of the day before your renewal date - one calendar month later. You’ll need to top-up again by the minimum required amount before your next renewal date to get a new set of allowances from your next renewal date. If you don’t do this, you won’t get any new monthly allowances until you next top up. This will reset your renewal date. We’ll text you confirming the new date.

Tariffs and Bolt Ons might have different renewal dates depending on when you set up your tariff or Bolt Ons. To find out your renewal date, you can use My O2, send a free SMS with the word BALANCE to 20202, or call 4444 free and select option 2 and then option 2. 

We hope it helps! let us know if you need more information Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 3 of 3